• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benlilly

Matching Torsion Bars To Spring Rates

benlilly

Hi,

Just an idea as I was thinking about this last week and have read the same question in another new post.

How about a table/list showing what front spring rate matches the readily available rear TB thicknesses based on a starting point of the standard 205GTi setup?

First level would be the standard 19mm bars and standard rate (?) front springs.

Next level, 20mm bars and standard rate x % increase 19mm - 20mm. (Sorry I don't know the formula for the TB stiffness but I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned on here).

And so on...

The same could be done for the anti-roll bars.

Ok, not everyone will think that the std setup is perfectly balanced (front - rear) and therefore not the perfect starting point for the above.

I think it would still be a really useful tool in choosing a starting point for suspension upgrades.

Ben

Edited by benlilly

tom_m

off the top of my head the rates and bar thinknesses listed in the build manual from peugeot sport had:

185lb springs with 21mm torsion bars and 23mm arb

and

225lb springs with 23mm torsion bars and 25mm arb

benlilly

Thanks Tom, thats pretty handy. I suppose there were only two specs listed; tarmac and gravel?

Sign in to follow this