• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Peter Lloyd Rallying Tarmac And Gravel Spec Springs

Anthony

Has anyone on here used either the Tarmac or Gravel spec springs that Peter Lloyd Rallying sell for 205 GTi's?

Can anyone confirm the poundage/spring rate (I can probably get this from PLR if needs be) and the ride height that they sit at compared to standard, ideally with a picture?

I've got a pair of new Bilstein Challenge dampers to fit to the car, but the springs on the car currently are too low for my liking and too soft (compared to the 22mm rear torsion bars) so I'd like to address that at the same time as fitting the dampers.

luggy

I have a set of PeterL gravel spec springs on my pug with sprintline front shocks and they are at standard ride height at 160Lbs. The tarmac springs are 190-195Lbs, slightly lowered but dont know by how much.

post-7769-1215706032_thumb.jpg

Edited by luggy

Henry 1.9GTi

also very interested in this information as I don't really want to fork out for coilovers but really want to fit the 23mm TBs I have :wacko:

but perhaps 190lbs is a bit too soft for 23mm bars anyway?

Alan_M

Just fitted the tarmac springs to my Challenge shocks. I think they are 180Ib, given that they have 18-Ib written on them.

Not fitted to the car yet, currently dremeling the diff casing for the TransX diff :)

large

I run the gravel spec springs from peter Lloyd 180Ib rings a bell.

vickiw106

as far as im aware peter lloyd springs are the same as peugeot sport springs which are

185 for gravel

&

225 for tarmac

SPGTi
as far as im aware peter lloyd springs are the same as peugeot sport springs which are

185 for gravel

&

225 for tarmac

Aren't these the rates quoted for the "coilover" 70mm diameter springs. I always thought the std diameter springs (like the Peter Lloyd ones) were more for the 1400 Challenge cars (not allowed to run height adjustable coilovers) and are slightly softer (160lb gravel, 180lb tarmac).

Steve

vickiw106
Aren't these the rates quoted for the "coilover" 70mm diameter springs. I always thought the std diameter springs (like the Peter Lloyd ones) were more for the 1400 Challenge cars (not allowed to run height adjustable coilovers) and are slightly softer (160lb gravel, 180lb tarmac).

Steve

may be yes

but in the peugeot sport build book the group n rating are the same rating as the coilovers

i maybe wrong but where the group n fixed platform (non adjustable ride height)

Sign in to follow this