• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S13Nick

Unknown Plugs

S13Nick

hello, right my loom got converted by pr- developments, to fit my 2.0l 8v turbo and have to say he has done a very good job!

but there are 2 plugs that i am not sure about????? does anyone have an idea of where they go?

its not the lambda sensor!

08072008117.jpg

and this one it say ignition amplifier... but this engine doesnt use a coil????????

08072008115.jpg

cheers

Anthony

First one is the main ECU/fuel pump relay, and the second one is the ignition amp.

S13Nick
First one is the main ECU/fuel pump relay.

where does this plug in then??? lol

Anthony
where does this plug in then??? lol

There's a big brown relay that plugs in there - roughly half the size of a cigerette packet.

S13Nick

ahhh ok i dont think i have this, anyone got a picture of one? or the part number for it?

welshpug

With that type of plug its more likely to be Black, the relay itself looks the same, but the way it plugs in and locks differs.

cant find my pictures of the Later relay, though they are common to pretty much all Peugeot's and Citroen's from mid 95 on.

early type plug - PICT0325.jpg

early type relay (best pic sorry) PICT0052-1.jpg

PICT0406.jpg

Part numbers for early and late relays;

1929 49 RELAY - INJECTION UNTIL DATE 19950108

4549 35 12V 20/30 AMP - INJECTION SINCE DATE 19950108

both are Circa £30-£35.

second plug should have an Ignition Amp attached as mentioned, this needs to be from a Motronic system like the 2.0 Mi16 S16 MP3.1 etc, NOT the 1.9 Mi16 or 8 valve systems.

PICT0024.jpg

S13Nick

thankyou, do i simply just plug it in and thats all i need to do, as i have a single black cable not attached to the plug does that need to be connected anywhere?

welshpug

yep just plug it in, not sure about your Single black wire without seeing the whole loom, if its in the vicinity of the relay its likely to be the main Live feed, were they not labelled?

I'm sure a call to Martin @ PRD will clarify any queries you have :ph34r:

S13Nick

ok thankyou for your time :D

Sign in to follow this