• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

3rd Stop Light

Para

When I was looking for some screws on servicebox. I notice this thing. I never seen that before on any 205, does anyone have it ? Do you reckon it will be still available in Peugeot ?

post-11365-1215446367_thumb.jpg

Paintguy
When I was looking for some screws on servicebox. I notice this thing. I never seen that before on any 205, does anyone have it ? Do you reckon it will be still available in Peugeot ?

I modified a Saxo one for my car, but have since removed it as it just didn't look 'right' with a high level brakelight.

Ryan
Do you reckon it will be still available in Peugeot ?

£34 according to servicebox.

Grim.Badger

I've thought of getting one of these for a while, but haven't checked how they fit and don't like the fact that the screw looks like a self tapping one :)

damien

i had one but it stopped working for some reasion so i removed it, i think i left all the wiring in place, just unscrewed the light unit

Super Josh
and don't like the fact that the screw looks like a self tapping one :)

I have one. You really need a late model tailgate to fit it, which I have, as these have the two square holes in them for the plastic inserts to locate in. Then the self tappers screw into the inserts :)

Josh

Ryan

How late is "late model"?

Super Josh

I don't really know, but you can clearly see the holes when you look at one. I would assume that if you bought one brand new from a stealer that it would come with the holes.

Josh

Para

After 91 according to Servicebox

Ryan

Yes, but that section includes all the later changes as well, so I didn't know if it was '91 onwards, or really late, like 92/93 or something.

richard

I regularly think about getting one of these.

If there is strong sunlight coming from the rear of the car. Visibility of the brake lights vanish. As ive been smashed into and written off from behind in the past (ooer) its something i should pull my finger out on.

Para

I've checked the back of the car and there is no space for mounting this light in my car :/ Mine is January 91 so probably younger models will have it

Teacher

My '95 (M) diesel had that tailgate with the 2 square holes but the '94 (M) auto did not. Can't remeber seeing this on any other 205 i've owned.

Para

This is the original one ?

wiatc582oad7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Super Josh

No, that looks like an aftermarket one to me. As it appears to be stuck onto the glass, whereas the O.E. one is screwed to the tailgate and there is a 2-3 mm gap between the light surround and the glass.

Josh

dirtdog
This is the original one ?

wiatc582oad7.th.jpgthpix.gif

ERGH! :blink:

welshpug

6350F1 STOP LIGHT 29.45 GBP

2x 6987A1 FIXING CLIP 0.35 GBP

2x 6924J7 MATERIAL SCREW 0.13 GBP

2x 694623 PLAIN WASHER 0.07 GBP

and 5 W5W bulbs.

2n63e50a.jpg

Super Josh

I'm sure mine came with a set of bulbs already fitted (although it was about 5 years ago when I bought it). Which is much better than the later Pug high-level brake lights, where you can't even change the bulbs!!!

welshpug

you mean you have to replace the whole unit in the later cars? that explains why most dont work :blink:

Edited by welshpug

Super Josh

Yeah, not exactly 'progress' is it? :blink:

Sign in to follow this