• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

Pedal Box Pics

cybernck

does anyone have pics of a pedal box (with twin master cylinders ofcourse) fitted into a 205?

i've just remembered that i've forgotten that i wanted to use one for my twin clutch system :blink:.

that would get rid of a cable, sliding mechanism and free up a lot of crucial space under the bonnet!

thanks.

cybernck

thanks but i meant literally the pedal box type pedal box :(.

it's a box that houses a pedal and two master cylinders that are mounted instead

of the normal pedal, like this one, but it contains brake and throttle pedals too

(which i don't need):

DSC02138.JPG

the mechanism itself, usually fitted with a balance bar though:

http://www.gforcebuggies.com/Parts/Double%...0Box%208005.jpg

need to see how it all fits into a 205, if anyone's done it before.

i think Chris_H had one from http://www.mwmotorsport.co.uk/Products.html,

but i couldn't find any pics.

thanks.

cybernck

i've just sent an email to MWMotorsport too, so we'll see :(.

maxirallye

I have got a photo, not sure how to add to the post though?

cybernck

with your user level, you'll have to upload it to photobucket or some place like that i'm afraid.

here's a pic of the MW Motorsport 205 pedal box - quite nice but not what i'm looking for.

post-4-1215257231_thumb.jpg

i'm waiting to hear if they can supply one that would suit my needs.

where else can i get one though... thinking Rally Design?

jerseypug

i have just ordered one from compbrake.co.uk the guy who makes them used to work for gartrack and supplies quality parts. he takes your old pedal box and converts it, it might be worth talking to him and see if hecan sort out what you need.

DanteICE

I was looking into making one myself, (brake bias only, not hydraulic clutch) as I saw one on Ebay for £375 which was using the original brake box from your car, which I though was UBER expensive. There is one on Ebay now with a reserve of £200, and I asked him what the buy it now was and he said £250!

I reckon with a few minds put together we can find some way of creating one with a guide for the main site on how to build one yourself.

I have a load of old toilet rolls and fairy liquid bottles, all I need now, are some ideas!...and some double sided tape ofcourse.

Edited by DanteICE

cazzy93

does the bias pedal box from comp brake come with the clutch cablr or do u have to reroute the cable and make up a pedal??

jerseypug
does the bias pedal box from comp brake come with the clutch cablr or do u have to reroute the cable and make up a pedal??

it fits back in the same place with the origional clutch pedal.

Spiky
with your user level, you'll have to upload it to photobucket or some place like that i'm afraid.

here's a pic of the MW Motorsport 205 pedal box - quite nice but not what i'm looking for.

post-4-1215257231_thumb.jpg

i'm waiting to hear if they can supply one that would suit my needs.

where else can i get one though... thinking Rally Design?

sorry to drag this back up.

but what size master cylinders would i need?

gti6 front brakes and standard rear brarks

Sign in to follow this