• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanS1982

306 Gti-6 Calipers

DanS1982

As topic. Trying to order some new pads for my brakes but each time I am told there are two different types of caliper. How can I tell which ones I have?

Cheers,

Dan

mrswampy

i know one has lucas wriiten on it

DanS1982

Are there any differences in the way the pads fit between the two?

DanS1982
Take a look here My ebay shop with GTi6 Pads and this should give you a idea of the shade of the pad hopefully

Ok I've found the make of caliper - Lucas. can anyone tell me the pad type??

I've got a part no. at home for the pads... again can anyone help if i provide this info?

welshpug

I thought there was only one type of GTi6 caliper, which use the mintex MDB 1732, pug part number 4251 43, Girling calipers are the only ones listed on servicebox (Lucas are Girling)

Although there are 266mm Lucas/Girling calipers on the 306 with similar pads.

what part number have you got?

a picture of your pads will help.

Edited by welshpug

welshpug

hope this helps

gti6lucasgirlingpads.jpg

pug_ham
(Lucas are Girling)

They are owned by the same parent company now (Bosch, Girling & Lucas) but there are still slight differences between the calipers under Lucas or Girling branding so you need to be sure you are getting the pads for the same calipers which you have.

Graham.

DanS1982
They are owned by the same parent company now (Bosch, Girling & Lucas) but there are still slight differences between the calipers under Lucas or Girling branding so you need to be sure you are getting the pads for the same calipers which you have.

Graham.

Thanks for the help guys....

Pad number (off the side of the pad) is ASFM 380... mean anything to anyone? lol

pug_ham

I can't find anything relating to that number for the pads but looking on www.brakeworld.co.uk it seems the GTi-6 only had a choice of either Lucas or ATE calipers fitted & on www.brakepart.co.uk they only list pads for Lucas.

No one lists them as Girling ones although they are listed as Girling on servicebox. :rolleyes:

You know you have Lucas calipers then get the right pads for the GTI-6 with Lucas calipers & check them against the ones you've removed before fitting them to the car.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this