• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

What Does This Switch Do?

humanz

Remember there are no stupid questions. But really what does this button do?

post-7319-1215083404.gif

I ask because when I bought my car (before the reshell) it only had these three buttons.

post-7319-1215083383_thumb.gif

I got the extra one as part of a bag of spare "goodies". Anyway, I noticed that there's a blank where an extra button could go on the dashboard, so I've contemplated fitting the extra button there. The thing is, the two Ph 1 looms I have do not have a connector for the extra button. I've been thinking that by checking the Haynes manual, I could take an old plug and make up the connections needed to make the button work. The thing is, :wacko: I dont actually know what purpose if any the button would serve, if it's unnecessary, or what the button is referred to as in the Haynes manual wiring section.

So, i guess to summarize, what does this button do? Do i need it to make the A/C work? What is the switch called in the Haynes manual?

pike_1.9cti

looks like it could be a air con button for the later models. Might be wrong though! lol

miamistu

Traction control in the snow ;)

Grim.Badger

Just checked the parts catalogue; its the A/C switch.

Super Josh
looks like it could be a air con button for the later models. Might be wrong though! lol

Don't you mean early model? Aren't these phase 1 switches? I would have thought that a Barbadian 205 would have AC as standard?

Josh

humanz
Don't you mean early model? Aren't these phase 1 switches? I would have thought that a Barbadian 205 would have AC as standard?

Josh

Nope. In fact, it seems like many of them have had their A/C removed. Don't no why. And it's raining every few minutes nowadays, cant survive without the A/C at this time of the year.

Ok, so it's an A/C switch like i figured. But I dont see it listed in the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual. At least, no listing for A/C switch.

So did the ph1s come with 3 or 4 buttons center buttons? I know the ph2 ones only have space for three rounded buttons, and so far, all i've seen are hazard, fog, and rear heater buttons. It's the first A/C button I've seen and it wasnt installed in my ph1. Just stashed in a bag along with heater vents and the like.

Alan_M
Nope. In fact, it seems like many of them have had their A/C removed. Don't no why. And it's raining every few minutes nowadays, cant survive without the A/C at this time of the year.

Ok, so it's an A/C switch like i figured. But I dont see it listed in the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual. At least, no listing for A/C switch.

So did the ph1s come with 3 or 4 buttons center buttons? I know the ph2 ones only have space for three rounded buttons, and so far, all i've seen are hazard, fog, and rear heater buttons. It's the first A/C button I've seen and it wasnt installed in my ph1. Just stashed in a bag along with heater vents and the like.

You can actually buy the dash panel that has 5 button holes for the phase 2's. Josh has one, as he has retro-fitted A/C to his.

He may have heated seats too (I may be wrong though).

humanz
You can actually buy the dash panel that has 5 button holes for the phase 2's. Josh has one, as he has retro-fitted A/C to his.

He may have heated seats too (I may be wrong though).

Ok, didnt know you could do that. Thanks.

tom_m
Remember there are no stupid questions.

only stupid people! :D

Joke :(

humanz

I guess i wasnt clear on the other things i need to know, so...

Do I need this switch to properly run A/C?

Does anyone

a. have a wiring diagram for this switch,

b. know the names of the wires that should run to the switch,

or

c. know what the switch is referred to in the Haynes manual, so I can figure out the wires that go to the switch?

Cheers.

Super Josh
c. know what the switch is referred to in the Haynes manual, so I can figure out the wires that go to the switch?

Unfortunately, the Haynes is based upon UK cars, and as most don't have AC, then it isn't covered in the wiring diagrams. You might be better off looking at the wiring diagrams for a 405. Being of a similar age to the 205 the basic AC system is very similar.

HTH,

Josh

humanz
Unfortunately, the Haynes is based upon UK cars, and as most don't have AC, then it isn't covered in the wiring diagrams. You might be better off looking at the wiring diagrams for a 405. Being of a similar age to the 205 the basic AC system is very similar.

HTH,

Josh

You wouldn't feel like checking your aircon switch for the codes on the wires would you? :):o

Anyways, downloaded some wiring diagrams, now I have to go through them and see...thanks.

m_pugz_1986

air con switch :)

Sign in to follow this