• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cazzy93

Kent Pt27 Cam

cazzy93

i have just bought myself a kent pt27 cam and on the advert on ebay it said it was for a gti so i bought it and when i recieved it i looked at the kent cam book and it said if was for a 1.9, i am hopefully going to be running it in a 1.6gti engine running twin 40's lightened and balanced crank and flywheels, will this cam still work, also will be running twin valve springs and a vernier pully what elso woud i need done/ would be best to get done to get the most out of the 1.6gti engine which will be getting used for rallying. cheers callum

Peetypug

i had one of these for my 1.9

as far as i know its for both as they have the same head (but somewhere in the back of my mind its saying the early 1.6 had a different head)

pug_ham

It'll fit & work fine on a 1.6, none CAT heads are the same 1.6 or 1.9 from mid 1986 when the 115bhp engine was introduced.

You should have the head skimmed to raise the compression to suit the cam better.

Product: PT27

Application; Supersports

Power Band; 2500-7000

Cam Lift(mm); I 12.49 E 12.24

Valve Lift(mm); I 12.24 E 11.93

Duration ; I 304 Deg E 296 Deg

Timing; 46/78 74/42

Full Lift; 106 deg.

VC (mm); I 0.25 E 0.30.

LTDC; I 4.31m.

Graham.

RossD

Wow, thats quite a lairy cam, don't expect it to idle well or be particulalry smooth at low revs if you are using the standard injection system! ;)

cazzy93

i wont be using the standard injection i will be ithere using twin40's ot 45's. thats great i can now get on the look out for a salvage donner car.

Peetypug
It'll fit & work fine on a 1.6, none CAT heads are the same 1.6 or 1.9 from mid 1986 when the 115bhp engine was introduced.

i stand corrected ;)

pug_ham
as far as i know its for both as they have the same head (but somewhere in the back of my mind its saying the early 1.6 had a different head)
i stand corrected :)

I didn't correct, your initial statement was right.

The early 1.6 105 bhp engine did have a different head with smaller valves & a different camshaft.

Graham.

mmt

I run a PT 27 cam in my 1.9, 45´s weber, track use only 205. Would not recomend it for roaduse. Forget idle:-)

/Martin

Sign in to follow this