• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
number2301

Eibach Sportline Springs

number2301

My other half has seen a set of Eibach Sportline springs for sale for her 106 GTi and we were wondering if anyone knew if they were any good?

As far as I can figure from the Eibach website they're just like the Eibach Pros but lower, does anyone know if this is the case?

Miles

The 106 & 205 spring's should be listed as the same, 7001-130 I thinik the number is at this hour

number2301

Sorry perhaps I should have been a bit clearer, I mean are they of the same quality as the Pros? They're to go on her car but she doesn't want to go for the Sportline springs for the sake of being lower if they're not as good springs.

Batfink

the 106 sportlines are 50mm lowering springs. They are a little stiffer than the pro kits - the prokits usually are similar spring rate to standard.

number2301

That's fine, as long as they're not a cheaper version or anything. Cheers :rolleyes:

boombang

I had these on my 106 Gti for a couple of weeks, and they went coilbound on all bar 1/2 the middle coil. The paint had signs the whole way round each coil of the touching.

Miles might be able to help you further here, but Eibach tested them and found them to be within their acceptable tollerances. In my case the Bilstein shocks were the only reason it didn't compress all the coils completely - as it hit the internal bumpstops. When it did this (and it was on any medium to large bump), it would chuck the front of the car in the air.

IMHO WAY too soft for the length, but someone who really knew what they were talking about might be able to shed some light on it.

All I know is I change to the pro's (Eibach paid) and had no further issues.

number2301

Thanks for that, unfortunatley they're already on their way :( , I'll keep an eye out for that once they're on.

Super Josh

Anyone know where the cheapest place to get the Pro springs from? ;)

Josh

craig f90

i know im a bit late here, but my mate works for demon thiefs as a mechanic and he will only ever use Eibach springs on any of his cars. I think hes using sportlines on his 18" RS4 wheeled Bora.

Any one have recomendations on a set of springs to lower a 205 35-40mm? i had G-Max. harsh!!!!

number2301

The Eibach Pros are something like -35mm, and I've heard nothing but good about them. Not really had chance to test out my set yet though.

craig f90
The Eibach Pros are something like -35mm, and I've heard nothing but good about them. Not really had chance to test out my set yet though.

Same here. Just i couldnt find them in the tweeks catauloge. i havent seen my mate to ask as yet. 35mm should do me fine. Good luck with yours.

Sandy

I've had and fitted these on lots of 106s and 205s (even my 309). They are superb, a brilliant balance between ride quality and rate. They are dual rate, which accounts for why most of the coils bind up, the initial rate is about 70lb/inch, increasing to approximately 200 lb/inch. The only way I can see the problem Boombang described is if the wrong length inserts where fitted. They've always been fine in my experience.

number2301

Thanks Sandy, I noticed your previous post about these springs on the search and was just after a bit of verification. Well we've got them now so I'll report back once they're on.

Same here. Just i couldnt find them in the tweeks catauloge. i havent seen my mate to ask as yet. 35mm should do me fine. Good luck with yours.

If you can't get them from Demon Tweeks, Miles on here can supply them for a decent price :)

Sign in to follow this