• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Bsfc For Mi16

Doof

Anyone know much about this figure? I bought some 315cc injectors for my ~200bhp Mi16 engine but wayne at chip wizards said they're a bit big and would struggle with definition at idle. Punching the numbers into an online calculator i figure that at a BSFC of 0.5 (recommended), a duty cycle of 80% and a target of 210bhp i need 340cc injectors, which seems insanely high!

Perhaps the 0.5 BSFC is more suitable for a crappy american V8? would a more efficient 16v engine like the Mi16 be closer to 0.45? This would still require 310cc injectors apparently...

Wayne was saying that it'd probably be alright on standard injectors, i can't see that ever being true though without running 100% duty cycle (not good eh Sandy).

Do we know what the max duty cycle is on a standard mi16? i just 160bhp in, and a BSFC of 0.41 (very efficient!) and got 215cc flow required...which funnily enough is the rating of the standard injectors. This means sticking with 0.41 BSFC gives 265cc for 210 bhp in an NA mi...sound reasonable?

Cheers,

Lewis

welshpug

are you going to be running them Batch Fired?

if so I would imagine gti6 ones would be more than capable (dont know a specific figure)

They are run in a sequential manner in the standard ECU setup and cope with engine mods to around the 200bhp mark fine, IIRC Sandy commented that the quoted 265cc for the gti6 items seems a bit low as they tend to flow quite a bit more in his experience.

B1ack_Mi16
are you going to be running them Batch Fired?

if so I would imagine gti6 ones would be more than capable (dont know a specific figure)

They are run in a sequential manner in the standard ECU setup and cope with engine mods to around the 200bhp mark fine, IIRC Sandy commented that the quoted 265cc for the gti6 items seems a bit low as they tend to flow quite a bit more in his experience.

I have a nice idle on the 2.3 16v with race camshafts and mech lifters, and that's with 440cc injectors...

Sign in to follow this