• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
projectpug

205 Rose Jointed Arms

projectpug

Hi all,

After finally getting round to attacking my wishbones i cant get them to fit , i have a comparison with the standard arms but cant put a picture up due to size. Have i got the old design compbrake arms by any chance?

Thanks

Phil

smighall

Mine would have fouled too, although i don't run a front one anymore so not an issue for me. I was a bit miffed though after we were guarenteed that they 100% clear :D

projectpug

Cheers Smighall i will have to look into in :D

VisaGTi16v

Standard windows paint can resize an image, do it down to 800x600 and it will easily be small enough to post

pacey205

Or you could upload it to imageshack or similar. Theres a resize function on there as well if the image is truly massive!

http://imageshack.us/

Michael

projectpug

Paint seems to remove the image instead of resize it?

But heres the two arms superimposed

post-10437-1214859752_thumb.jpg

jackherer
Mine would have fouled too, although i don't run a front one anymore so not an issue for me. I was a bit miffed though after we were guarenteed that they 100% clear :rolleyes:

Were yours were from the group buy?

projectpug

Not from group buy but from the same supplier, its all been sorted now with compbrake their going back for modification.

Thanks

Phil

smighall

Mine were yes.

jackherer
Mine were yes.

Do you know if anyone else has had problems with the group buy arms?

Spiky

hi,

mine are the same,

i've spoken to compbrake, basicaly, if you remove the nut and trim the last few threads off the rj it will fit

i'm going to trim my acual arm to retain the nut

hoefully do this, sometime this week and contact compbrake with results

anyone will an issue ring them up

they WILL sort it

i think they have just used larger rj's and its just pushed the arm out about 3mm to much

Guest rs-tone

Thanks to help and input from some members we have been finding out why 95% seem to fit first time and others cause us a small clearence issue.

At the moment we are linking it to vehicle ride heights

Lowered vehicles naturally have more camber (imagine an elephant sitting on your car and think what the wheels will do lol)

This we feel is causing an issue on a small majority of vehicles where the extra roll bar clearance is needed.

After an emergency meeting last night when Phil called me to say his fouled we have looked at the arms / drawings and rose joints and can see where we can make some improvements so this issue does not show its head on standard cars or lowered cars.

Both Phils and Steves will be modified and re supplied FOC as part of our customer care process.

All arms in current stock will be modified in this manner for future orders (if sucessful) and people with any outstanding issues - remember we are here to help. You have dealt with a UK company who can offer you almost instant support to problems if you let us know !!

Tony

Sign in to follow this