• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RossD

Emerald K3 Injection Driver

RossD

Hi all, quick question, hopefully very simple.

I'm a bit confused now I've got to wire up my Emerald to my TU engine. I have the option for batch injection ticked in the ECU settings section of the software. As far as I've always thought, batch injection on a 4 cylinder is 2 injectors firing together and the other 2 firing together. Is this right, or do all the injectors fire at the same time? I need to know, as I'm not sure if the injectors need a single feed, or if I need to use 2 injector drivers.....

Any help appreciated!!

Cheers

Ross

welshpug

Batch injection is all 4 at the same time, not sure what the term is for firing in pairs though.

either way they normally run a single power feed whether it be batch or sequential, the injectors are earthed via the ECU not powered :angry:

an email or a call to Dave will sort you out in no time.

RossD

Cheers, yep I realised they are all powered and then switched by the ECU to earth, I just worded it a bit crap above :angry:

Perhaps firing in pairs is "semi sequential" if such a thing exists!

Edited by RossD

Tom Fenton

Firing in pairs is indeed semi sequential, full sequential requires a cam sensor. The Mini Turbo is wired semi sequential with one injector driver for 1 and 4 and the other for 2 and 3.

Cameron

Have you got the wiring diagrams and pin-outs for the Emerald ECU? My 205 has semi-sequential injection, you just wire cyl 1&4 to one injector driver and 2&3 to the other. ;)

RossD

Yes, I've got the manual with the pinouts and example diagrams, but it's bit vague on this. I'm going to use batch injection so hopefully just a single injection driver will suffice.

Cheers

Tom Fenton

Why not use both injector drivers and run semi sequential? No disadvantages that I can see.

RossD

Fair enough. What are the advantages of this? I've made a flying loom which has been installed into the car and so can easily use semi-sequential or batch - I've wired 2 injection drivers in. In the ECU software, it only has an option for batch or sequential though? There is a "Custom" setup section, I suppose that will need to be used for semi-sequential.

Cameron

There should be a 'typical wiring diagram using crank sensor' or something along those lines, it shows you which pin to connect to injectors 1&4 and 2&3 for sequential injection. I made a wiring diagram for my loom, I can take a pic and show you if you like?

RossD

Yep, I've got the typical wiring diagram in the manual, its easy enough to wire up. What confused me was the reference to "6 & 8 Cyl only" on the second driver connection in the diagram! As I've got the 2 driver connections to the ECU in the loom, I may as well use them :)

That diagram would be useful thanks - The only bit I now have to wire up are the injectors and Crank sensor.

Cheers

Edited by RossD

Cameron

OK, I've been packing all my stuff up as Im moving on Thursday to I'll have to dig it out tomorrow evening for you.

Sign in to follow this