• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
camgti

Possible Turbo Build 8v

camgti

I spent 2 years buiding my 205 mi16 (went to the UK for the engine 309 beam gearboxes arms shafts and everything else and then built boxex for them out of ply and shipped it to OZ) and had it for 3 days then someone ran into me and wrote it off. I then put everything from the wreck onto another shell (brake lines fuel tank out, dash heater box wiring everything) and now want more power.

Cam

DjB

How much did it cost you to bring all you Mi16 and 309 beam stuff back to Oz? I'll be over in merry old England early next year and I've been mulling over whether to track down some parts for a Mi16 conversion and some other 205 bits and pieces that are hard to track down here..

Thanks man..

Chris

camgti

My engine is for sale at the moment ready to go into a 205 if you want to buy it. I wouldnt do it now cause customs are a prick to deal with and are much tougher now with bringing in car parts. I had mine all sprayed and laserd etc and they still decided to clean the with water (they put a hose into the top of he engine and filled it with water!). Pm me if you want more details.

Some things like steering wheels and wheels and lights are good to get in the uk but mos of the other stuff is becoming cheaper back homw now

Cam

cybernck
I had mine all sprayed and laserd etc and they still decided to clean the with water (they put a hose into the top of he engine and filled it with water!)

uhm, what, who, why?! ;)

Doc-Evil
I had mine all sprayed and laserd etc and they still decided to clean the with water (they put a hose into the top of he engine and filled it with water!).

Qurentine/Diasease control - from what i've seen and heard they are a bit hot on this (so would you if you were over-run with foreign rabbits and toads !!) but the most likely reason would be for drug enforcement.

I take it was only superifical water damage.

More boost doesn't equal more power - more oxygen density equals more power.

Your planned mods sound very good - i'm toying with either turboing the 8 valve i have laying around or to source a mi16 and turboing that - chose's eh ;)

camgti

So ive finally got around to getting this motor sorted. I ahouls have my hands on it in the next week then will start building. The motor i have is the RGX version. Not sure if thats good or bad? Ill be ditching the exhaust manifold for a custom job and am planning on using a Garrett GT25/30 item with an intercooler and looking to run about 15psi. Will be on Haltech management.

A few questions i need answerd. Im looking for about 230hp and need advice on the clutch. From what ive read the mi16 flywheel fits, and then some have mentioned the use of a 405 TD item? Any advice?

Im looking to mount the turbo t16 style so to keep the piping to a minimal. Ill be mounting a cooler above the RAD (with a shield) so piping flows from turbs to cooler then straight to inlet. Will i have heat issues with this setup? I think not really (will be using an Auto bonnet)

Also confused in regards to Engine mounts? What do i use

mmm its late

Cam

TEKNOPUG

Use a Helix organic clutch.

craig f90
So ive finally got around to getting this motor sorted. I ahouls have my hands on it in the next week then will start building. The motor i have is the RGX version. Not sure if thats good or bad? Ill be ditching the exhaust manifold for a custom job and am planning on using a Garrett GT25/30 item with an intercooler and looking to run about 15psi. Will be on Haltech management.

A few questions i need answerd. Im looking for about 230hp and need advice on the clutch. From what ive read the mi16 flywheel fits, and then some have mentioned the use of a 405 TD item? Any advice?

Im looking to mount the turbo t16 style so to keep the piping to a minimal. Ill be mounting a cooler above the RAD (with a shield) so piping flows from turbs to cooler then straight to inlet. Will i have heat issues with this setup? I think not really (will be using an Auto bonnet)

Also confused in regards to Engine mounts? What do i use

mmm its late

Cam

Dude its 2 in the afternoon! :)

Use your mi16 right hand mount and atatch it to the big 2.0t mount. extending the lower fork wont be nesessary?? your moving the turbo right? but uprate the bush in the cast housing. Miles or Stew at bbm do those. use the standard gearbox mount or uprate?

Helix mi Clutch would suit your needs.

tom_m
Dude its 2 in the afternoon! :)

not in austraila its not :) 2pm here is 11pm

welshpug

if you're after 230 ish BHP from an 8v turbo have a read of discostu's project thread.

camgti
if you're after 230 ish BHP from an 8v turbo have a read of discostu's project thread.

Yea ive looked at that. Im after a bit more confirmation of that power figure. I think with the mods im opting for 230hp is going to be quite easy to achieve. Im also looking at doing slight head work that Matt has suggested. Im after power with ease if that makes sense. I dont want to up the boost for the sake of it. Heat and lag im not realy a fan of.

Anyone go a picture of what im trying to achieve with the exhaust manifold?

Cam

tom_m
Im after power with ease if that makes sense. I dont want to up the boost for the sake of it.

thats definatley the right philopshy you've got there, especially considering the climate you live in :P

you definately don't need anything quite as bucket like as the gt28rs to achieve 230 ponies, a nice gt25 like tom says should see you right.

as far as pictures go i think you're going to be a first when putting the turbo there on an 8v head. Have you looked at www.dp-engineering.nl, they put the turbo there with their 16v manifolds.

Sign in to follow this