• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

Central Locking Only Works Sometimes ; 89 Cti

lagonda

Central locking is becoming more & more intermittent, assume it's a poor connection somewhere as the whole lot either works or doesn't.

Has anyone else had similar trouble & fixed it so can give me an idea where to start?

Where is the system earthed, as that seems likely culprit?

ALSO!

Has anyone uncovered a wiring diagram for these cars where the wires are identified by colours instead of the stupid (& too frequently blurred or non-existent) numbers? Radical I know!

Tom Fenton

It is all controlled from the unit in the drivers door, so here would be a good place to start.

Henry Yorke

CTI CL does not have the black box to the left of the steering column as there is no PLIP (Infra-red) option. I retrofitted it to mine along with Electric windows and just plugged a standard door loom in IIRC (my 1993 CTI has the loom that connects at the bottom of the A Piller in the door shut).

As Tom says though it is controlled primarily through the drivers door switch and works on an earthing mechanism.

Incidentally CTI CL will only ever lock the boot and never unlock it. This is to stop someone pulling the drivers lock and opening the boot. Likewise the tabs for dropping the rear seats are in the boot for that reason too, so the boot is secure when left with the roof off <_<

lagonda

Hi,

Thanks for that, yes I was aware re boot locking on CTi.

So ... presumably the control box for the CL in the door is earthed to the door? Seems a bit daft as then it's relying for contact on the door hinges, which if lucky are oily, unlucky are rusty, both meaning poor contact.

Will remove panel & check things out.

alternative

Did you get a wiring diagram?

Phil H
Hi,

Thanks for that, yes I was aware re boot locking on CTi.

So ... presumably the control box for the CL in the door is earthed to the door? Seems a bit daft as then it's relying for contact on the door hinges, which if lucky are oily, unlucky are rusty, both meaning poor contact.

Will remove panel & check things out.

Earthing point is on the side of the steering column.

johnnyboy666

might be worth checking there isnt anything stopping the locks from going down/up, i had a bit of trouble with a peice of glass stuck underneath the lock pin thingy after the window was smashed in a break in

lagonda
Did you get a wiring diagram?

No, would still like to see a colour coded one!

Moz_Goodwood

i had the same problem and changing the drivers side motor worked, in the end i ended up changing all of them (except the boot one) because they were quite noisy and im picky like that ;)

Sign in to follow this