• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
thrasher

Distributor Bust I Think?

thrasher

ok the dizzy has now packed in i think.no spark and i have tried three different coils,they cant all be bust,so im thinking the dizzy has had it,is this common? can it be fixed? does somebody know different? has somebody got a dizzy to fit tu 1400 engine with carb? ive searched the whole island and cant find an old petrol 205 or ax any where,tried ebay etc and nothing, any help would be grateful

cheers gus

drmo

Prabably the elektronics module (dont know the real name of the thing really) on the dizzy. Mine broke and the engine just died on a highway. It's a black looking thing on the side of the distributor.

swordfish210

That'll be the ignition module (the little black box on the side of the dizzy ;) ) I had a distributor break on me not long ago, the shaft going through the middle had snapped :( If the rotor arm turns when the engine does then the dizzy is fine

johnnyboy666

i assume the rotor arms all good?? ive had one of those crumble on me before

thrasher
i assume the rotor arms all good?? ive had one of those crumble on me before

yeh rotor arm and dizzy fine,and its turning ok,yeh it just cut out when he was driving along,the black thing at the side of dizzy where the power connection goes in looks covered in oil.maybe that hasent helped,any body got one? thanks so far,gus

kanyeost

just a note for when you replace the ignition module; you are supposed to use some thermal paste where the module contacts the dizzy, i think it's to stop it getting too hot and might(?) make it last longer. i use computer heat sink stuff...

thrasher
just a note for when you replace the ignition module; you are supposed to use some thermal paste where the module contacts the dizzy, i think it's to stop it getting too hot and might(?) make it last longer. i use computer heat sink stuff...

right guys got a new ignition module,and the silicon paste you smear on it,and fired first time minted!!!!!!!! thanks for all your help

cheers gus

drmo

You're welcome ;)

Sign in to follow this