• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Front Suspension Diagram

Pob

Hi,

Does anyone have a exploded diagram of the front suspension strut showing how the top mount goes together? The top plate with the three bolts has quite a bit of play in it.

Thanks,

Dan

welshpug

309frontspringarrangement-1.jpg

edit :D

Edited by welshpug

Pob
309frontspringarrangement-1.jpg

edit :D

Thats how I've done mine, but the top plate has movement in it when its off the car. When you jack the car up, there is up and down movement in the top mount.. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Dan

McDude

The top mount should twist round (that's so you can steer!!!) but it shouldn't rattle or move up and down.

welshpug

there will be a certain amount of movement, especially if you have tired rubber bush/donut.

jord294

are you using std or shorter springs?

Pob
are you using std or shorter springs?

Thanks for the replies. With the weight of the car its not loose, it doesn't knock etc. When I jack the car up or have the shock off the car, there is movement between the top plate and the silver cup bit (Under the big nut at the top and washer) Also when you lower the car down you can see the cup bit move up, if you get what I mean

Thanks,

Dan

Pob
Thanks for the replies. With the weight of the car its not loose, it doesn't knock etc. When I jack the car up or have the shock off the car, there is movement between the top plate and the silver cup bit (Under the big nut at the top and washer) Also when you lower the car down you can see the cup bit move up, if you get what I mean

Thanks,

Dan

I swapped the springs today and noticed there was a big washer which wasn't on the exploded diagram, so I took them off... Doesn't wobble now

Dan

welshpug

was this washer on top of the strut under the cup? that should be there, it sounds like your top mount bushes need renewing.

Pob
was this washer on top of the strut under the cup? that should be there, it sounds like your top mount bushes need renewing.

Erm, maybe lol. Its not on the diagram though, I'll leave it for now and get some new bushes.

Thanks,

Dan

Sign in to follow this