• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boombang

Urgent Omex Ignition Map Reqd - Running Mi Flywheel With Cps

boombang

If anyone has one please can you email to alexkerslake at hotmail.com (replace the spaces and at with @!)

Basically got the ECU all ready to go but need to get the base map from one running the toothed flywheel and CPS. Any map like that will do just need somewhere to start from.

Really want to get it running today, Omex haven't emailed me the base map, basically gutted!

Long shot I know, but hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Have tried to post in aftermarket engine management section but won't let me.

Tom Fenton

Just enter 20 degrees in all the timing fields, and 10 degrees cranking timing. Ought to be good enough to fire it up on.

boombang

Would do but need the base to start from to tell it it's looking at a 60-2. Not fired up the ECU yet but 99% sure it's blank, going to have a go now.

Tom Fenton

Never messed with an OMEX but usually there is a trigger configuration page where you can enter the type of sensor, trigger pattern, offset etc. Shouldn't be that hard to sort.

boombang

Over here now working on the car. Just a real pain that everything is set to zero, and it's trying to work revs against a MAP sensor rather than see there is a wheel.

Got a mate downstairs who knows Omex well, he's having a look now but even then I don't think he's ever started one with absolutely no settings. Have to see how it goes, but any map at all that used that trigger wheel pattern would get us into a position where we could just bosh in some numbers to get started, rather than fumbling about getting it to recognise the CPS signal.

Tom Fenton

The vast majority of ignition maps use revs versus either MAP or TPS. The ECU decodes engine speed and TDC position from the crank sensor. You need to look for the setup page and enter the trigger pattern and offset, and type of sensor, simple as that.

Sandy

Omex (and Gems/Lumenition which are the same basic unit) aren't self explanatory in that respect, or several others!

I've sent over a base map, but use it cautiously, it's only a base map I use for 60-2 as a starting point.

boombang

Thanks for that Sandy.

Down at LMA Euro Saloons at Brands we poached another map too, so hopefully get something sorted between the two.

Appreciate it, as unfortunately with the Omex as you said, it's not as simple as telling it what to look at!

Sandy

Quite....good luck!

maxi

If you ever get stuck in this situation again, just ring OMEX. Give them the serial number of your ECU (dosent matter if you bought it second hand) and they will give you the closest base map they have, free of charge. They are very helpful like that.

Maxi

boombang

Trouble is we had rung Omex, they were going to email a map straight over, and that email is still MIA. I don't blame them as the email could've been sent to wrong address, or they might have just forgotten!

We couldn't get either map to go to synch 1, the CPS gave a reading but there was no engine speed. After getting back from Brands we only had an hour so couldn't look into it properly.

Know the carbs work as it started 1st time before I removed the dizzy, only unknown is the CPS, but as said was giving it's position to the Omex.

Thanks for the help though, just gutted didn't get it running.

Going to get their standard base map next up, start from a known working position, and then start looking at swapping bits over.

maxi
Trouble is we had rung Omex, they were going to email a map straight over, and that email is still MIA. I don't blame them as the email could've been sent to wrong address, or they might have just forgotten!

We couldn't get either map to go to synch 1, the CPS gave a reading but there was no engine speed. After getting back from Brands we only had an hour so couldn't look into it properly.

Know the carbs work as it started 1st time before I removed the dizzy, only unknown is the CPS, but as said was giving it's position to the Omex.

Thanks for the help though, just gutted didn't get it running.

Going to get their standard base map next up, start from a known working position, and then start looking at swapping bits over.

I asked for the base map, they took my email address, they then asked me for my serial number, which I gave them. I then promptly asked when the map would be with me and they said it already was. A mate of mine has fitted quite a few OMEX ECU's and has had a lot of dealings with them, he to has never been let down by them. Ring them and give them the correct email address, stay on the phone while they send it, they will be more than happy to help.

Maxi

Sign in to follow this