• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Cost Of Respray

cRaig

mm, unfortunately.. to ensure a good job I stripped it back quite well. The engine is out, all door handles, locks, windows, both windscreens, bumpers off, etc. And as I dont really know what Im doing, and Ive had now 7 weeks to forget everything I fear it may take a while to put back together!

Time will tell I guess.. Thanks for the encouragement tho :wub:

paul_portsmouth

i want a lazer :D

Batfink

dont loose faith! I stored my car for 5 years because I had no time or money to work on it.

Its now been 5 months roughly since I took it to be worked on, but I'm not worried as the work is spot on.

Still - i reckon its halfway there now....hopefully it will work by the end of the year..

toddydal

looks nice mate,bet your pleased you paid that little extra now and it was worth waiting for

mechanicalrepairs

The respray looks smart you should be happy with that, i think once you get it back and start to fit it back up you will fall in love with it again.

If you do decide to sell let me know, i could be interested.

Carl

Paintguy

Good to see that you finally got it back. And from the pictures it looks like money and time well spent :D

Don't give up on the car now though. Rebuilding is one of the best parts, as you see it growing back into a working car bit by bit. And if you get stuck trying to remember where everything goes, there are plenty of people on here that can point you in the right direction.

cRaig

Thanks for the words of encouragement :D And yes.. completely in love with it again :) Plus I dont think I could afford to sell it, noone would give me what Ive spend on it!! :(

Got it running today, only 4 days after getting it back from the sprayshop, which I dont think is bad for complete 205 novices!

More updates from now on will be in my bodywork thread, to save duplicating things. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=94142 :)

dscn1222xi9.th.jpg

There's a teaser of the rear end for you all though :P

Para

Deffinitely worth to do it ! Looks brilliant , there is nothing better than respray to bring the glory and beauty of the car

Sign in to follow this