• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

309 Gti Rollbar Bushes

whizzer71

Hi all just got some powerflex bushes for the 309 Gti 22 mm roll bar that I have on my 205 but I still have a problem,Both the bushes are completely smooth on the inside (NOT IMPRESSED),The original ones are different left & right,One of which has a "gulley" or "Ridge" cut into in the the middle to allow for the locator on the roll bar to sit into to stop it floating from left to right.

I would have replaced them with O.E Pug ones but cant get hold of them !,Im in a right pickle now dunno what to do ?

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

:o

welshpug

their 205 ones are like that too.

whizzer71
their 205 ones are like that too.

Have you fitted any ?,I had some on my old 205 I thought they were Sh*te so I took em off and fitted some brand new o.e. ones ,I was hoping that the 309 ones would be better quality or some where near original !

taylorspug

How come you cant get the Pug ones? They are always like that the Powerflex ones, complete and utter gash.

whizzer71
How come you cant get the Pug ones? They are always like that the Powerflex ones, complete and utter gash.

No longer available genuine,tried more than one local Pug dealer,one of which did a nationwide dealer search for me to no avail !,Ive tried all the local factors and also got some off E-bay which were good quality but the wrong Dia despite the guy saying they were right,It was suggested on here that I try powerflex ones I was a bit dubious after the 205 ones I got but these are just as bad just bigger !

Miles

Good old Powerflex, I would send them back and complain as I doubt many people do, Its about time they sold them correctly and not needing any work to get them to fit,

But the 309 bushes have been talked about many times, Been no longer available for some time now unless your lucky to find some old stock.

kyepan

can't believe they are still selling them, we had the same problem

mfield

I fitted some the other day was a pain but only 10mins with a dremel, just marked it up and removed small amounts untill i was happy it would form to the bar. I think i removed about 1-2mm max, stuck it on and clamped it down. The first test was at cadwell and it seemed like it was doing the job :blush:

Miles

Fit for use springs to mind

mfield
Fit for use springs to mind

Does that mean my above method is a really bad idea :blush:

If it is i'll change them sharpish, Or have i miss-read the meaning :wub:

taylorspug

I guess, as s*ite as they are, everyone will need to use the Powerflex ones then! They are completely useless even when you talk to them. The rear bush kit they do for an E36 BMW Compact is wrong, and it was still wrong after taking the parts up to them so they could measure and remake them. Ended up having to modify the kit to make it fit, as there was about 5mm of float in the rear crossmember...

whizzer71

I would have expected them to fit without modification ?,If somethings a "Direct" replacement part it should still fit even if its of a modified / uprated nature !.

It would be like having to grind down uprated compound pads to get them to fit,It just wouldn't happen !

They really are sh*te and thats what it boils down to If they cant be bothered to do the research in the first place to make a mould to produce the things properly then perhaps they shouldnt bother !.

I could have modified the 22 mm ones I got from one of the local factors (Only £5) they were of way superior quality but didnt because in my mind I shouldn't have to and they should fit right 1st time !

:blush:

Edited by whizzer71

James_R
Does that mean my above method is a really bad idea :blush:

If it is i'll change them sharpish, Or have i miss-read the meaning :wub:

Nii just means they shoudl fit wihtout "making them fit" but then most things custom in the car modding take some faffing to make them fit.

James

mfield
Nii just means they shoudl fit wihtout "making them fit" but then most things custom in the car modding take some faffing to make them fit.

James

ahh, thats cool :blush:

got worried i was going to damage something.

Henry 1.9GTi

my powerflex were the same, no groove and the one that doesnt need a groove was way too loose on the arb so I ended up ditching them and fitting the original bushes that came with my bar, thanks whoever sold it to me!

Sign in to follow this