• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

4 Branch Manifold

AdamP

I'm going to have around £200 to spend on a manifold soon, and a lengthy search on here has come up with a choice between CSC Marmitte and TI motorsport.

TI are 5 miles down the road from me, whereas CSC Marmitte are in Italy... but obviously there's no point buying the TI one if I'm just going to wish I'd had the CSC one.

If I buy the TI one will I feel 2nd best?

Jrod

I'd have a look at the TI one if I was you. Depends on what design it is 4-1 or 4-2-1 etc.

If you can get some photos of it i'd be intrested to see.

AdamP

The TI one is 4-2-1 and I believe it's manufactured specially for them by Janspeed.

Don't have any pictures unfortunately.

jonnygoodhand

This is a TI Manifold:

JGH29.jpg

I'm afraid I never took any pictures before I left the bits with Sandy. I understand he's had to alter it slightly too, as it fouled the BE gearbox, but should be fine if you're sticking with MA.

Jrod

Is it on the road now John? That gearbox looks so big! :lol:

Edited by Jrod

jonnygoodhand

It's changed spec a little since then. :lol:

Will hopefully have an update very soon and will be on the road sometime over the next week.

Edited by jonnygoodhand

AdamP

What's your view on the overall quality? And do they come painted etc?

jonnygoodhand
What's your view on the overall quality? And do they come painted etc?

Qulaity was good and, yes, it did come painted. Delivery, on the other hand, was not so good. It took around 4 weeks to get here! Apparently TI weren't happy with the original fitment of the first batch, and had to make some adjustments of their own.

Saying that, I read that Thrasher on here also ordered one, but got his pretty promptly. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=88952

But as you live just down the road from them, this should hopefully not be an issue.

Edited by jonnygoodhand

AdamP
Qulaity was good and, yes, it did come painted. Delivery, on the other hand, was not so good. It took around 4 weeks to get here! Apparently TI weren't happy with the original fitment of the first batch, and had to make some adjustments of their own.

Saying that, I read that Thrasher on here also ordered one, but got his pretty promptly. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=88952

But as you live just down the road from them, this should hopefully not be an issue.

Good stuff.

I'll give them I try then I think!

Sandy

The BE shafts are a bit in the way! But also it comes with a plain flange that doesn't fit the system in any obvious way I could see. I elected to cut off the flange and got Colin to weld on the last bit of the original down pipe. It worked, but I think the resulting neck in the system is holding the top end back a bit.

AdamP

So it doesn't fit straight onto the funny springy joint thing?

thrasher
So it doesn't fit straight onto the funny springy joint thing?

yes it goes straight on and i think the quality very good,i was down that way and picked it up myself,been on for couple of months now and no problems,and yes he told me janspeed make them to there spec hope that helps

Sandy

The one I was given to fit had a plain pipe end with a flange about 1.5" from the end of the pipe and no *obvious* way of accommodating the flexible gasket?

thrasher
The one I was given to fit had a plain pipe end with a flange about 1.5" from the end of the pipe and no *obvious* way of accommodating the flexible gasket?

i filled the joint to original exhauast with exhaust paste. joined the new manifold to the old pipe,replaced the two nuts and bolts with the springs,tightened them up and been fine ever since

Sign in to follow this