• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dale205mills

What Is The Right Colour For The Tailgate Trim?

dale205mills

Good afternoon every one

I have got a f reg 205 gti 1.9 the rear tailgate trim is looking abit worse for ware, I have tryed all sorts of cleaning products to bring it to looking the same as the rest of the trim but it dont work less any one else has a good cleaning product???, I have been looking at replaceing the tailgate trim but all i can find is black is that the right colour for my 205 or is it ment to be gray if so do any one no where i can get it from???, A pic of my car below

PICT0023.jpg

Thanks

Dale

jord294

i think it's called 'hurricane grey'

brand new from main dealer is £48.20

part number 8742.40

dale205mills

Thanks jord294 I have been down to peugeot about that but they wont tell me what colour that is and i dont want to get stuck with a black trim for a later 205 when mine is grayish all fun and games

jord294

there's only grey or black available

the part number i gave you is for the grey.

i've a full part number and price list for the complete trim, which i'm possibly gonna be buying when my car is repainted

dale205mills

I have got the same number, but the peugeot people seems to think that there is only one colour all the colour pics i have seen are in black like of autofive and beaver panels

damien
I have got the same number, but the peugeot people seems to think that there is only one colour all the colour pics i have seen are in black like of autofive and beaver panels

your dealer is wrong, use the part number above to order a grey one, if it is the wrong colour just sell it off on ebay and buy the other black trim from peugeot

dale205mills

He is wrong and unhelpfull :blink: I have had the same problem trying to order the arches and bumpers up, i want the gray trim and i have the part numbers but they wont say if it will be the right colour

dale205mills

I have just been onto stuart mcguire parts cd and that number is on the models up to 1991 and the same number is on models since take a look

Early 205

models up to 1991

later 205

Models since 1991

Answer that one :blink:

CaptainP

I've just put hurricane grey arches on my CTI - it's as close to black as you can get!

Phil H

I thought it was called something like medium anthracite....

Sign in to follow this