• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gtiracer

Which Ignition Wire

Gtiracer

I need to connect the power wire from the ignition barrel from my ECU so it knows when to turn on and off. Which wire is this and what is the best way to connect it in as a 2 way wire if you get what i mean, because this wire will already be going somewhere and i will need to take the feed off it as well

hope that makes sense.

Cheers

welshpug

the switched live usually just triggers a relay, power then goes from the relay to the ecu, coil, fuel pump injectors etc.

Gtiracer

So which wire is the switched live then, is that the wire i need?

gti-si

Im not sure I understand 100%, could you explain the problem a little more? As said, your switched live usually goes to a relay, which then feeds the injectors, coil and fuel pump. This can be done by using the red switched live (2a) that comes from the smaller brown multiplug under the dash. You shouldn't need to take a switched live from the actual ignition barrel.

Gtiracer

ahh right, that makes more sense, thank you, I thought you had to take one direct from the ignition barrel, thank you

Which multiplug is it, the smaller or bigger one?

Cheers for your help

gti-si

I think they vary sometimes, mine was on the smaller IIRC. Just have a look, it's a thick red, should be in with a much smaller yellow wire and it's numbered 2a. The ignition barrel wires go to the fusebox first I would imagine so I wouldn't recommend taking the feed from there :unsure:

Gtiracer

lol, no, not very experienced at this wiring lark i must admit but thanks very much for you help

Sign in to follow this