• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simes

Anti Roll Bar Bushes

Simes

Hello,

Got my anti roll bar bushes in the post today and one pair are blue and the other orange, I remember a thread on here a while back explaining the the blue should go on the offside and the orange nr.side,

Is this true? Anyone?

Wurzel

Very true.

When you take off the old bushes you will notice that the orange one should have a wider centre section to allow a bulge in the ARB to fit in.

The new one should also have this. If it doesn't then it won't fit!!

Orange on passengers side car (UK)

Blue on drivers side (UK)

Guest timH

Hi,

How easy are they to fit? - is it a 10 minute job? - and are you talking about a 1.9?

Simes

Haven't done them yet and yes it is a 1.9.

Guest timH
Haven't done them yet and yes it is a 1.9.

:o

Anyone else? - are they easy to fit? - what's involved? - before I resort to Mr 3 spanner Haynes.

Guest doughboy

I had to drop the subframe to get them out. :o

Guest timH

really? - bugger.

So the bushes have to be pushed on from the end (they're not split?)

Guest Island-pug

Heh for what it's worth,I changed mine last weekend and I'm a total novice,and I mean total novice,and I did it myself,it was the first set of work I have ever done on my car or any car,and it was pretty easy.Took about twenty minutes.Good luck.

Edited by Island-pug

Wurzel

The bushes should have a split so that they can be opened up slightly and peeled onto the bar.

When I did mine, I only loosened off the subframe mounting points (almost till the bolts came out) which allowed me enough room. I am fairly sure I disconnected the drop links from the strut to allow a bit more freedom of movement.

Not a hard job as Island-pug says but you might need to consider where to put the axle stands (if youre using them and not ramps) before jacking it all up and getting wheels off etc.

The Blue bush goes on the drivers side, the orange on the passengers. Have a look at the bushes and you will notice a notch in the orange one which will slip over the bulge in the ARB where it mounts. Limits any lateral movement in the bar.

Sign in to follow this