• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

205 Turbo Owners

M@tt

i found over the weekend that the turbo/heat shield was hitting the steering column knuckle and it looks like it will need pushing alot further forward than the 20mm others have recommended. I was wondering therefore have all the other people who've doen the conversion used the s16/gti6 type engine upper mount? as i can only find myself having used the mi16 one and therefore i'm wondering whether the s16 one perhaps has a different offset and makes the engine sit slightly further forward and so they havent experienced this particualr fouling issue.

I think pugger experiencedthe same problem but i've not been able ot find whether he solved it or what type of mount he used

Cheers

Matt

rapidmi

ive used both mounts, never on the same engine though but i always cut the heatshield,like below

DSC00322.jpg

Miles

Got the std heatshield and Iron mount on the one I;ve done and no problems at all

post-43-1211916526_thumb.jpg

M@tt

Miles by iron mount do you mean the bendy s16 type one as opposed to the mi16 one? (think the mi16 one is alloy isn't it?)

If thats the case then it definitely looks like there is a different offset between the 2 mounts then, and ideally the s16 type one is the one go for if you have a choice (less mods required)

Oh and on the topic of the mi16 mount i think the alternator tensioner part of the xm engine mount might cause a few clearance headaches as well

DSC00633.jpg

craig f90

Ive used the Mi top mount too. When i looked at my brothers S16, his mount was exactly the same. It took me 2 attempts at getting the bottom one right to clear the servo, steering knuckle and get enough room for an exhaust to fit. 15mm did it if i remember correctly.

whizzer71

Done four now never tilted one yet !,just fit a Diesel servo and 406 M/C,never had clearance issues either ?

Nice work Miles !, would like to see more pics of that one :P

:)

tom_m

my alternator tensioner doesn't sit that far forward on un tilted mounts.

Sign in to follow this