• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ledders

Gutmann Alloys

ledders

Hi,

I have been offered a set of Gutmann alloys for a 205 The style is kinda of a black BBS in the middle and a diamond cut deep dish lip on the rim in excellent condition. The tires are 195 50 15 two are new two are just legal. Whats a fair price as I no nothing about value of these wheels so to sort a price we thought we'd put it to the experts.? Also any info about what they originally came off would be great, thanks.

Ledders

Henry Yorke

There is always a set on eBay coming from France / Germany / Israel

There are 2 types of Gutmann multispoked, some with a deep dish and some with a dish with an angle in them

Check for the offset of the wheels in that they are for a 205 as Exip (the wheel manufacturers) also made them for Fords and also in 4x100 for VW etc. If they are proper Gutmann ones, then they should have Gutmann centre caps

Prices for them do go quite high, but the UK market is much more conservative as most people over here think Gutmann just made open grilles (which they never did themselves!) as opposed to being original masters of the 16v 205.

Condition is core on these as they are expensive to refurbish.

Also if you are planning on running big brakes, check to see whether they will clear the caliper as old skool wheels tend not to.

Price all depends on the above really I have seen sets go from £80 to £500

I hope this helps.

ledders

Yeah thats just the ticket Henry thank you very much

mafo

None of the gutmann wheels have space for big brakes, i had to sell two different sets of gutmann wheels both in original mint condition because of this. Peugeot dealers back then where offered wheel packages by gutmann, So when you brought your new 205/309/405 you could order gutmann wheels etc.. from your dealer.

mafo

Here are some pictures of those i sold if it helps!

1gutmann.jpg

Maingutmann.jpg

gutmann.jpg

gutmannred.jpg

Henry Yorke

Mafo, I was watching the top set on ebay a while back and they were the ones I was referring to that sold at the top end of the market.

There are a set of the bottom ones on ebay at the moment in the UK, but they are not 205 fitment as they are 8J wide so I guess they are 405 ones. They may be the ones you sold! (Link)

The UK dealers in the 80's were mainly run by Peugeot as opposed to a franchise (like I guess they were in Sweden) so only a limited few offered Peugeot tuning bits (from Dimma and Turbo Technics).

Gutmann also had exclusive importers in the shape of GM Design in Bristol and later ISP (who then became Kool Autos). The Gutmann engine conversions were a lot more expensive that the comparatively primitive Turbo Technics setup and hence more popular to the frugal Englishman which means they are now a lot scarcer (I only know of one in the UK and in the PSOOC).

Finally Gutmann wheels have a limited market as they are not everyones cup of tea and people tend to opt for a set of refurbished 1.9 Speedlines for under £200 exchange.

Gutmann to me were like the AC Schnitzer, Alpina, Brabus or AMG of Peugeot offering a wide range of parts and accessories from cosmetic to competition. Their low key UK presence has kept this fairly underground though to those who were into 205's in the early 90's.

ledders

Its the bottom ones I have just purchased, for the sum of £120 the way I saw it the tires were worth £120 two brand new Bridgestones, they are in perfect condition but need some polishing to get rid of a few tarnishes but no kerbing/scratches. Anyone know of a good wheel refurb in SW england? or any tips to get these blemishes out?

ledders

post-8275-1211842438_thumb.jpg

Edited by ledders

hodgy

that made interesting reading

that isnt sarcasm

Edited by hodgy

mafo

Have just managed to grab a set of very unusual gutmanns - 5 spoke, pictures to follow shortly!

Edited by mafo

Francesco

Gutmann wheels are even in the Netherlands rare. Not as rare as in the UK, but still. When I say rare, I mean the real Gutmann wheels, as the Exip version is more common and easier to find over here.

I have a set like in the fist two pictures. There where two options in this BBS style Gutmann wheel. ET18 and ET13. The ET13 where only as Gutmann wheels available, never as Exip. And they are the hardest to find. Mine are ET13, so no problems with bigger brakes with these.

And as Henry said, Gutmann where the pioneers for the 16V 205's. A member of the Dutch Peugeot GTi Club owns as far as we know the only original made 180HP 205 Gutmann 16V. Here's a list of all the available engine's: http://www.205gti.com/gutmann.htm

huckleberry

Did you actually FIT a set of 306 or 307 brakes in the Gutmann wheels? Because as far as I know the only owner of a 180 bhp Gutmann tried and they didn't.

As far as rare. If you search good suddenly all kinds of sets are available. And ALL the Gutmann wheels are from companies such as Exip and MiM. They just ordered a batch and stamped GM in them. The only thing that made'm Gutmann wheels is the fact there is GM in them and they have Gutmann center caps.

travill

i noticed the offset difference, as i have a set of 13 and 18 et's

Sign in to follow this