• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vern

New Low Comp Forged Pistons

vern

I have just recieved my new JE forged pistons, and they look good just a shame they will never be seen. I have ordered them through top end performence in the states, and it only took them 4 weeks to do. They cost £550 with upgraded rings and other extras, that price included the measuring of the smaple pistons, postage and the custums tax. The basic piston would probably come in at under £400 pounds delivered depandant on the exchange rate.

If anyone needs forged pistons for the 1.9gti or alloy Mi engine give me a shout as the samples I had measured can be used to make any variation on these pistons lower/higher comp ratio and bore size etc, you will also save you the £45 measuring fee and the postage to get them there, all i would ask is a small fee to cover my costs.

post-6217-1211313604_thumb.jpg

danpug

Yum!! Any idea when the new engine will be ready?

vern

Trying to build an extension on the house, but will be doing the engine build soon, as missing the acceleration buzz.

welshpug

sounds good, would they be able to do very high comp Mi16 pistons?

Miles

They look as good as mine, well what I can remember of them, What ring's are they? if they are total seal please don;t use them as they don;t suit the pug engine at all.

vern

welshpug can do what ever ratio you want, just let them know.

Miles don't be telling me that, whats the problem with using them?. I was just trying to keep the crankcase pressures down as I am using a turbo.

Miles

Well a engine a known engine builder built (Not naming names) used these ring's on a std 1.9 with new Piston's and liner's and 3500 miles later we had about 20 psi compression on all cylinder's, I;ve spoken to a few people I know and none of them like Total seal ring's, replaced the ring's and honed the bores and all is still fine, the ring's even looked fine when removed but just not sealing anything at all.

vern

I would only be using total seal 2nd rings the other rings will be what ever JE supply.

petert

I could be wrong, but isn't JE a sister company of Wiseco? And as such share all the same resources?

Issam
They cost £550 with upgraded rings and other extras, that price included the measuring of the smaple pistons, postage and the custums tax. The basic piston would probably come in at under £400 pounds delivered depandant on the exchange rate.

What extras?

All I see is the clearancing for the oil squirter

@ £550 = 1080US.

I sell these all day long to customers in the UK for VW/Audi for a price of 790US shipped...any bore,any CR.

Would you mind sharing the # that was on the JE box or do I have to pull some strings @ JE? :blush:

I can get any piston you guys want made but I will need a sample 8V and Mi16 piston.

Edited by Issam

Miles

I would have gone for a flat dished piston and not a sloped one asd it does nothing for the balance of it,

It's another misconception that the cut out's are to clear the oil spray bar's, they never come close.

welshpug
What extras?

All I see is the clearancing for the oil squirter

@ £550 = 1080US.

I sell these all day long to customers in the UK for VW/Audi for a price of 790US shipped...any bore,any CR.

Would you mind sharing the # that was on the JE box or do I have to pull some strings @ JE? :blush:

I can get any piston you guys want made but I will need a sample 8V and Mi16 piston.

Would the dimensions required be enough? i.e bore diameter, pin diameter, rod small end width, and pin-crown/pin-deck measurement?

oh and valve cutouts for High comp..

vern

The actual price was only $770 for the basic cost of piston and shipping so cheaper than you can do, the £550 included the customs tax that sometimes gets levied on goods imported into the country, all in it was $970 inc the extras and engineering fee, Yes contact reductions grooves should have been machined but there was a bit of a mix up and they got omitted.

Like I said I had the 16v and 8v pistons sampled, I am asking if they can be used for other people on the forum as a member has asked, all i would ask is a contribution to my engineering fees.

Miles the existing dish was copied hence why it is like it is, there is no extra clerance for the oil squirters, that is how they are on the bottom of the Mi piston sample I sent.

petert

You're welcome to this info it's of any use:

Wiseco_Order_83.50_NA.doc

post-2864-1212800241_thumb.jpg

Edited by petert

Sam

I have a set of Wiseco Forged 9:1 87mm bore S16 pistons for sale if anyone's doing a proper build?

Issam
Like I said I had the 16v and 8v pistons sampled, I am asking if they can be used for other people on the forum as a member has asked, all i would ask is a contribution to my engineering fees

Spoke to a representative from JE and they dont have any 8V Peugeot pistons there....

They do have a couple of Mi16 units but I know the bloke that sent in 1 of those.

Would the dimensions required be enough? i.e bore diameter, pin diameter, rod small end width, and pin-crown/pin-deck measurement?

oh and valve cutouts for High comp..

Sure,but realistically speaking with my contact @ JE all I need is a make,model,engine code and year of manufacture.

If you guys can arrange at least 10 people (40 pistons) with the same CR,Bore,wrist pin height,crown specs...etc.JE will make them and shelf stock them for $500US/set.Average 75US shipping to UK.

vern

They were not sampled by JE themselves.

I can use the data from my samples, as I have heard back from my contact, who said he will make what ever people want as long as he gets approval from me.

I am not in this to make money all I really want is the engineering/sample fee back, by offering the data to fellow forum members.

Sign in to follow this