• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

309 Front Arb

whizzer71

As per the title ,Whats the diameter of the 309 front arb ??,Trying to get some new bushes but with not much luck,NLA from Pug and all the local factors keep asking me what the Diameter of the roll bar is ?

Cheers

Tris

:angry:

Anthony

21mm for a 309 GTi front ARB

17mm for a 205 GTi front ARB

Sandy

Early and late 309GTis were different, but they all handle better without IMO!

Anthony

Have you found one that isn't 21mm though? I know the Parts CD says that there is two different ones, but all the 309 GTi's I've even seen stripped - both Phase 1's and Phase 2's spanning E to K reg - have had the same 21mm ARB.

I've found 309 TD's with the smaller front ARB mentioned on the Parts CD, but never a GTi.

pug_ham

Tris, I got some new genuine Peugeot arb bushes for a 21mm 309 front arb from www.peugeotparts.co.uk last year, they were about £15 delivered iirc.

Graham.

whizzer71

Sorry Sandy can you expand on that ?

:angry:

jackherer
Have you found one that isn't 21mm though? I know the Parts CD says that there is two different ones, but all the 309 GTi's I've even seen stripped - both Phase 1's and Phase 2's spanning E to K reg - have had the same 21mm ARB.

I've found 309 TD's with the smaller front ARB mentioned on the Parts CD, but never a GTi.

I've stripped a D reg 309 GTI and that had a 21mm front ARB too.

Sandy

I honestly can't remember exactly, but I was sure I recollected a different one being fitted on one I encountered.

The handling issue, is I find that without the ARB, there's a fraction more roll, but traction and balance improve.

Spiky

can i assume the 309 fits straight onto the 205 subframe???

Anthony
can i assume the 309 fits straight onto the 205 subframe???

Yes, but you need to use the 309 ARB clamps, bushes and bolts.

Spiky

ok, cheers anthony :D

jord294

i know most people would recommend using o/e bushes, me included. but because there is only one side available from main dealers, for the 21mm a.r.b, the only other option is to buy a set of 'pro-flex', or 'supaflex' (can't remember).

i think them bushes are about £30

pug_ham
because there is only one side available from main dealers, for the 21mm a.r.b, the only other option is to buy a set of 'pro-flex', or 'supaflex' (can't remember).

When I tried none of the bushes were available for a 21mm arb but I got both of them frm peugeptparts as linked to in my earlier reply for half the price of some super / proflex ones.

Graham.

Rich_p

Dragging up an old post but was having a search to confirm what I already thought.

I ordered some new arb bushes for the 309 and when I went to fit them today they were to small.

Turns out they are 17mm ones not 21mm.

Called the dealer and they siad they are the only ones listed and they are always fitted with 17mm bars and they said mine must be uprated and would not back down whatever I said!

Sign in to follow this