• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

8v Turbo

All Praise The GTI

i got my exhaust and the last few bits on my turbo conversion today,went to start her up and no spark. i have no idea why not. did a search but no luck anyone throw me some pointers please?

the fuel pump is working fine and it turns over just no spark. AFAIK the ecu is unlocked but not 100% to be honest. was out an xm and i unplugged the keypad when it was running,it stopped then i unplugged the ecu.

really need it running as my insurance ran out on my otherone yesterday so i need this one up and running asap!

thanks

sonofsam

What connections have you made ?

All Praise The GTI

not a clue i didnt do the loom,but i trust the loom is not at fault tho

All Praise The GTI

what should i be checking?

sonofsam

Well then it's possible you have a locked ECU,.

Who did the loom ?

Would check to see if the injectors are squirting.

All Praise The GTI

rob turbo did my loom and it looks like he did a great job. top bloke to deal with.

can i just unplug an injector and crank it to check they squirt? :)

sonofsam
rob turbo did my loom and it looks like he did a great job. top bloke to deal with.

can i just unplug an injector and crank it to check they squirt? :)

Loom definately wont be at fault then!

Yeah just squirt them into some jars.

All Praise The GTI

thanks ill try in the morning

pug_ham

Why are you checking injectors for no spark?

I assume you've already checked its the spark thats the problem to mention it in your topic title? If there is no spark then you need to check for 12v at the coilpack plug & a working CAS sensor.

Graham.

All Praise The GTI

i know there is no spark as tried a plug on a lead but ive not checked if the injectors are firing just want to eliminate things altough i dont have a clue either way!

sorry but whats a CAS sensor??? :)

welshpug

TDC sensor/Crank Sensor, without a signal from here you won't get spark or injectors.

Also check that you have power at the injectors and Coil/coilpack.

All Praise The GTI

right took the cas sensor off earlier and cleaned the end as looked rusty then refitted stil no joy. i took the fuel rail off too and the injectors are not squirting. so i have no spark or squirt? :rolleyes:

does this mean my ecu is locked or have i misplaced an earth or something somewhere???

Henry Yorke

What ignition module did you use. The 2.0T is different from the 1.9 so you need a 2.0T one (or any other XU10 I think)

All Praise The GTI

left the original module that was on the loom. the engine ran when removed.

also ive noticed the fuel pump stays on, it doesnt prime then go off like it would normally???

All Praise The GTI

right an unlocked ecu off miles showed up today,thaks for that.

took afternoon of work to finish off the intercooler piping and to get it running with the ecu... or so i hoped.

stil wont start the injectors are not firing and i guess there isstil no spark(could not check as was on my own)

really dont know what to do now, i NEED it running ASAP as i have nothing to drive! :D

can anyone please help???

Alastairh

Contact Rob Turbo, and ask him the pins feeds that he converted for ignition and constant live. Trace these with a multimeter, and also as Graham said, check your getting +12 volts at the coil.

Let us know your findings.

Edited by Alastairh

All Praise The GTI

not sure if it clicks but ill check tommorrow. should it click then? i tried a different relay yesterday but it stil didnt start. are all the fuel relays the same as my other spare one was of a gti-6 or a 306 xsi or something

that wouldnt stop it sparking tho?

the plug for my CAS sensor looks a little dodgy but i dont think the wires are broken.

cant believe its being such a PITA! :blush:

gti-si

Sounds like the same problem i've got on my 6! The double relay should click when it recieves 12v yes...As the pump is running I would think the relay is working though, as without the relay switching, the pump wouldn't recieve a feed. Im not sure but the gti-6 and 8v turbo relays are slightly different, whether the pins are the same or not im unsure...

IF the relay is knackered, you won't get fuel or spark. It's a case of, like i need to find out, if the relay sends a feed to the pump can it still be knakcered? As it also controls spark and fuel on cranking...

Strange aswell, as my pump runs continuously, it doesnt prime then stop...weirdly got exactly the same symptoms

Im gonna put money on the CAS/CPS whichever its called :blush: sensor...I'm hoping thats whats kanckered on mine

Edited by gti-si

All Praise The GTI

can i take another CAS of some other pug to try? are they all the same?

the 6 fuel realy looks the same and fitts ok

could the ignition module be at fault or my coilpack?

the engine ran when removed but i guess something electrical could of died while it was in my garage? :wacko:

welshpug

any Pug or Citroen Crank sensor will do, the only way they vary is the length of the lead,

If the GTi6 relay plugs in it will work (there are 2 types, both of which function the same and have the same pin arrangement, just have different plugs and tabs)

do you definitely have 12v at the coilpack and injectors?

dan druff

hi, you need to look at it one step at a time

check fuses

check spark

check power to coil

check control unit live and earths

check cranksensor with multimeter for signal

if you just swap parts around you can lose yourself in trying to find the problem when it can sometimes be something straight forward

All Praise The GTI

how do i check the coilpack and ignition module? which pins etc?

thanks for the tips

pug_ham
can i take another CAS of some other pug to try? are they all the same?

the 6 fuel realy looks the same and fitts ok

could the ignition module be at fault or my coilpack?

the engine ran when removed but i guess something electrical could of died while it was in my garage? :)

CAS; usually the same & one from any Pug or Citroen should work.

AFAIK the GTI-6 double injection relay is the same so it ought to work. Check the part nubers stamped into the case, if they match you'll be fine.

Ignition amp / coilpack; It could be either of them stopping the spark Pin 4 of the coil pack plug should have 12v from the double relay (pin 1) with ignition switched on & there are two wires that run between the coilpack plug & ignition amp (coilpack plug pins 1 & 2 with ign amp plug pins 1 & 6 respectively).

Pin 13 from the relay should send power to the injectors.

Pin 4 from the ign amp should be earthed, if it isn't so you won't have a spark.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this