• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Oz Superleggeras

kyepan

As the title really, has anyone ever heard of these being available in the peugeot et of 15-20... or am i just dreaming.

alync406
As the title really, has anyone ever heard of these being available in the peugeot et of 15-20... or am i just dreaming.

I had a set of OZ Titans on a 306 and they came with a spacer kit from Oz to make them fit.I think they were ET42 with 26mm spacers,which made them ET16 but i got another 3mm machined of the spacers to make it ET19.

I expect that the Superleggeras probably come the same.

JR20516V

I have a set of them on my 205. Yes they do come in the 205's offset. 18 from memory.

kyepan

rare as i bet!!!

CaptainK

I almost bought a set of the Super-leggies earlier this year. But decided against it as I had no money. Didn't think they were rare for a Pug?

Was at Japfest over the weekend and found lots of the lightweight alloys I thought were "jap only" were actually done in Pug fitment. I expected the guy to laugh at me when I asked if they'd fit a 205. :D But he said yeah, that'd be fine. Some of these alloys weighed virtually nothing. :)

tom_m
I almost bought a set of the Super-leggies earlier this year. But decided against it as I had no money. Didn't think they were rare for a Pug?

Was at Japfest over the weekend and found lots of the lightweight alloys I thought were "jap only" were actually done in Pug fitment. I expected the guy to laugh at me when I asked if they'd fit a 205. :lol: But he said yeah, that'd be fine. Some of these alloys weighed virtually nothing. :D

how light can you go before you start sacrificing strength tho? you don't want to end up with 20p shaped wheels after a week :)

CaptainK
how light can you go before you start sacrificing strength tho? you don't want to end up with 20p shaped wheels after a week :angry:

Its the same stuff that the professionals use. Hardly knew I lifted it up. Each wheel was a fair few hundred. Can't remember the exact details of what it was made from. But cool stuff anyways. :D

kyepan

do you have any details of the names and makes

my old red mags from the pulsar weighed 4.6 kilo's each.. super super light

CaptainK
do you have any details of the names and makes

Not really, I was only half interested. Volks, Rays, etc. :angry:

p.s. why don't we have a good "confused" smiley? :D

AdamP

Alloy wheels are a mixture of aluminium and magnesium in different quantities.

More aluminium = more weight but less brittle

More magnesium = less weight but more britte.

You curb a high magnesium content wheel and it'll shatter, which is why manufacturers avoid putting much, if any, any road wheels. That's the main difference between the rally, road and race versions of compomotive / revolution wheels. A lot of the really light jap wheels have a lot of magnesium in them, and are often marked 'for racing use only' or similar.

I've seen the result of a magnesium F1 wheel hitting a concrete barrier and there was very little plastic deformation at all! You could put the pieces back together like a jigsaw puzzle, and that isnt something you want on a road wheel!

Simes

A neighbour of mine offered me a set of these to put on our 206, 17" though.

Interested? pm me.

kyepan
Alloy wheels are a mixture of aluminium and magnesium in different quantities.

More aluminium = more weight but less brittle

More magnesium = less weight but more britte.

You curb a high magnesium content wheel and it'll shatter, which is why manufacturers avoid putting much, if any, any road wheels. That's the main difference between the rally, road and race versions of compomotive / revolution wheels. A lot of the really light jap wheels have a lot of magnesium in them, and are often marked 'for racing use only' or similar.

I've seen the result of a magnesium F1 wheel hitting a concrete barrier and there was very little plastic deformation at all! You could put the pieces back together like a jigsaw puzzle, and that isnt something you want on a road wheel!

thanks thats an informative reply, I was previously under the impression that it was more of a cost thing, rather than the alloy mixture affecting the properties of the wheel.. Glass wheels not good. as i do give them a hammering down some less than smooth country lanes.

Regarding the 17's for sale, i'm on the hunt for a set of fifteens, but thanks for thinking of me. Fifteens with probably 45 profile so they have a bit of spring in them to cushion the wheels.

J

Sign in to follow this