• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SweetBadger

Wiring In A Bx16v 3 Row Loom

SweetBadger

Hi, this has probably been covered before but I haven't found what i'm after with a search...

I've just finished shortening a BX16v 3 row loom (by about 2m! :angry: ) and I just want to make sure I've taken care of all the necessary connections as it's different to the 2 row mi16 loom it's replacing.

So far I've identified the following wires that will need connecting to the 205:

Rev counter - goes from -ve side of the coil

Permanent +ve feed - thick blue wire

Fuel Pump - comes off one of the green relays

Switched +ve - goes directly to the large yellow wire on the ignition loom

Am I missing anything or is that it? I'm surprised the switched +ve doesn't go directly to a pin on the ECU...

Also where can I find the wire for the k-light on this loom, or failing that does anyone know which pin it is on the ECU.

Thanks, Alex.

pug_ham

Thats it, there are only four wires needed to wire it in.

The ecu should get its power from the shunt box connection (often a thick blue wire) & the K light is from pin 15 on the ecu plug.

Switched positive goes to the coil plug pin 4 & rev counter is from pin 1 on the coil plug which I is the negative side of the coil.

Fuel pump does come from the relays but the colour of these varies, most I've seen have been brown.

I haven't wired a three row ecu in but other than the colours that I'm not certain of, it sounds OK.

Graham.

SweetBadger

Hi, thanks Graham it's in and runnning, just have to wire in the k-light now.

Sign in to follow this