• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Finaly Its Arrived!

chrisj21

Finally after whats seemed like a month my zender valance has arrived from holland thanks to Frank a member of the forum.

it needs some repairs only minor and a respray.im planning to make a mould also in the near future.

a few pics.

15052008028.jpg

15052008027.jpg

as you can probably tell im over the moon.been searching for years.

Chris

sonofsam

Nice ! I have one on mine B):D

Picked it up off ebay and the seller was only 10miles down the road :P:)

It also had the full grille bars, wich i cut out so it now looks like yours :D

chrisj21

Yea the guy i got it off had two this one and one with the grills,i did ask for the grilled one but this arrived.i would have proberly cut them anyway.

not to worry

sonofsam

You going for larger driving lights and grille mesh or leaving it completely open ? Still not sure how to treat mine :)

chrisj21

it will be going on my track car so the centre i was thinking some honeycombe style mesh grille and the light holes used for cold air feeds.

i might make a few up and try different ideas see how it looks.

Baz

Nice! I have the rear one to this, wouldn't mind a front one, or there's not much point in having it!!

chrisj21

Baz im planning a mould so if it turns out well enough then i'll let you know to see if you want one making.

chris

sonofsam

I had plans to take a cast of mine, but in the end I really couldn't be bothered :lol:

Did make these @ work though ;)

DSC00131.jpg

pete1986

Gotta love the zender valance! :lol:

May be interested in one if you get a mould done, price dependant ofcourse

chrisj21

okay Pete. i will begin to make the small repairs to the valance tomorrow so hopefully should begin next week on the mould.

ive no idea on price. can get hold of the materials fairly cheaply though.

oli-pug

Lovely jubbly :lol:

Put me on the list for one!

huckleberry

You might have to look at the shape of the valance as this one is already made from a mould from the original. I have one of the first that came from it. If you keep making moulds from copies than the shape might change a little.

chrisj21
You might have to look at the shape of the valance as this one is already made from a mould from the original. I have one of the first that came from it. If you keep making moulds from copies than the shape might change a little.

Im sure this is an original as it has the zender stamp/part number ect on it.it has been modified though.

pete1986

I can see another group buy coming on...

Hopefully it wont turn out like the badgeless grill one, is that still happening?? Even if not, full credit to Nic. He does have alot on his plate with a full time job, running the forum and not to mention his mi32!

timmsy19

yeah i'd be up for one of these price depending

Gtiracer

Im interested, price and quality dependent, let me know please if you do a mould cos i think they look pretty smart and different

chrisj21

Just to let all interested parties no i have started doing the small repairs, not much left now but obviously need to get it rite to make the mould.

Chris

huckleberry
Im sure this is an original as it has the zender stamp/part number ect on it.it has been modified though.

Can you tell me what material it is made of? I have a feeling it's made from the same mine is made of and it's a copy of the orignal. You bought it from a Dutch forum member? A few years ago a member of the Dutch 205 gti club forum got hold of an original set and made copies (he made a mould). I also buoght a copy back then and it still lies in my shed collecting dust. They were 125 of 150 euro's per valance. He made a front and rear one. Mine also has the " stamp" but if you make a good mould that will be on all the copies as well. The original Zender valances were made out of a material which you could bend realy easy and were heavier. The copies are made of fiberglass and very light and thin.

chrisj21

The valance is roughly 6mm thick and isn't made from f/glass as far as i can tell. its very good qaulity though.

I dont see what difference it makes if mine is fibre glass or not as the copies that/if i produce will be fibreglass anyway and obviously not original.

I will state however if anybody does want a copy if i make them they are more than welcome to view the item before buying so they know what there getting and the look ect. i will be aiming to make them the same thickness and qaulity.

Chris

oli-pug

Absolutely, as long as the copies you make are of reasonable quality what's the issue?

I'm a definite for one mate, you're quite nearby so i'll be able to collect whenever it's ready. Had any thoughts on price?

chrisj21

Cheers oli. no not as yet im going to source the materials this week so i will post up a price in the group buys section when ive sorted that.

i will pm the members who have expressed interest when ive done that.

Cheers

Chris

Gtiracer

Any news on this yet?

Francesco

Hello Chris,

I see you take good care for it. I will follow up on this to see the end result.

Just for a idea that I had with it for my track day 205 GTi:

zender.jpg

Needs only a small amount of DIY, almost a straight fit. There from a 205 Rallye.

chrisj21

Hi, Sorry theres been no real progress on this yet. ive recently set up a new business and this has taken all of my time but i will be moving forward with this soon.

Francesco. I like that idea alot. i'll look into it. cheers

Retro Pug

I'm interested, again dependant on price....

Look forward to seeing one!!

Sign in to follow this