• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monty69

Sbc Springs Or Eibach 7001?

monty69

Im looking into prepping the 205 for mainly track days and bit of road driving. The main problem is the cost of getting the car to that standard. At this rate its going to be years off, so im planning on lowering it on a budget and getting some track days under my belt before spending on fully adjustable suspension. My plan was to rebuild 1.6 rear beam and fit solid bbm mounts, lower the front and fit new bbm top mounts, bushes etc. It is standard very high at the moment but is a lot better than when the front was lowered about 40mm pi on standard shocks as im sure it used to bounce on bump stops and driveshafts wobbled under hard acceleration.

I dont want it bottoming out on sharp bends. It has 2ltr iron block fitted which i think makes it fell very heavy at front and lean a bit more than i want.

Should i go eibach 7001 or sbc springs with standard shocks?

I thought of 306 shocks which i need convincing are not too firm and will fit at front properly?

Any idea which is firmer - eibach(are they saxo springs?) or sbc springs

Im not looking for a bone rattling car that bounces over every rut in the road, just someting lower and slightly firmer at front for a year or so until i can gauge how it handles on track and alter to suit. :rolleyes:

Miles

The Eibach's hands down, Just swaped a customer's car from SBC springs and it has transformed it, I noticed it and I only drove the car for a couple of miles and he's over the moon.

I would tend to favour some damper's to suit with a shorter damper rod, but if budget's a issue then at least get the OE Bilstein Front's

Batfink

both are road springs rather than suited to the track so theres the potential that they will be far too soft.

newdean0

I've got the 7001s and they're pretty hard. About the limit of what I could stand on the road. They're probably the stiffest you can get away with without having to upgrade the rear torsion bars which is where it gets expensive too. I had to cut the bumpstops a little when using the bilstein oe replacement shocks as I just had too little travel.

Henry Yorke

Eibach for me. They are the thing that once you get a set, you never buy anything else. Eibachs are soft on the road but harden up when you need them to, which is exactly what a progressively wound spring should do.

Leopold-gti

Where can you buy these Eibach Springs?

swordfish210

I'v got the Eibach's and i think they're great. I got mine from Miles (Pug Racing Shop), pretty well priced :lol:

Sign in to follow this