• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Xs Fuel Tanks

djinuk

are xs fuel tanks the same as gtis, apart from the fuel pump, will everything thats not the same simply swap over?

swordfish210

no the GTI fuel tanks have a bit more baffeling in them so are less prone to surge

AdamP
no the GTI fuel tanks have a bit more baffeling in them so are less prone to surge

Will they fit in place of an XS one?

djinuk

glad you asked that as i was going to :)

swordfish210

yeah the tank it's self is the same size and it has the same mounts. Just better baffeling

AdamP
yeah the tank it's self is the same size and it has the same mounts. Just better baffeling

And will the carb fuel pump go straight in?

Is it a worthwhile mod for trackdayers?

swordfish210

the fuel pump for the carb engines is on the cylinder head. It's a mechanical diaphram type pump driven off the cam. You could wire in the electronic fuel pump to a switch or the ignition barrel. Or junk the lot for a Facet pump and a custom fuel system like i did :rolleyes:

andychalmers

On my old 1600 GTI rally car I had to run at least 1/4 tank of fuel otherwise had bad fuel surges, however my current rally car is a 1400xs and that can be run till vertually empty. Just thought, with the xs the fuel may surge but with the carb having a float chamer rather than injection will probably help out.

Sign in to follow this