• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Replacing Copper Brake Pipes For Braided Type

marksorrento205

Hello, does anyone know if anyone sells a car set of stainless steel braided hoses to replace the copper ones. I want to run a bias pedal box with a single braided hose to the rear then spit to either rear wheel and the same on the front. Is this a good idea or not. Just wondering if there is a brake line kit out there or if anyone has done this and has the measurements for the hoses needed. Also the common question yet again, would you run the compensators in this set up?? Cheers

Baz

Try Miles @ PugRacing, he should be able to sort you out. 'Miles' on here. :)

Powers

Try Rallydesign and search for "Euroquip"

Remove compensators.

James_R

As mentioned Miles a la PugRacing on here, he did the above to my car last year, single line braided off the Mc to the calipers single line to the rear T'd with an inline bais valve fitted. good price too :)

tom_m
As mentioned Miles a la PugRacing on here, he did the above to my car last year, single line braided off the Mc to the calipers single line to the rear T'd with an inline bais valve fitted. good price too :)

third shout out for Mr Pug Racing's brake lines

marksorrento205

Nice one cheers for your help!!

ifcho

When converting to braided in-car lines, how do you run them to the rear calipers?

I must do this tomorow, and a few ideas may come handy :rolleyes:

I have a T-piece at the backseats and from there two braided hoses will go to the rear calipers...just wondering how to route them.

James_R

In through the bulkhead just down and to the right of the exhust heat sheild, then p-cliped in a straight run along the base of the exhaust tunnel, up over the back and then through the rear shell just before the rear bench meets the flat boot floor pan, with a couple of rubber gromits.

Oh then the bias valve mounted to the exhaust tunnel so it's in reach from the drivers seat.

ifcho

I was more interested in the routing around the rear beam , to the rear calipers,

James_R

Sorry misread by me.

From the T-piece out to the where the copper/flexi's usually meet, then round the beam through the spot the flexi copper meet to go along the trailing arm, P-clip on the handbrake cable support bit, then loop up over the top of the trailing arm straight in to the caliper with a p-clip on the back rear corner of the dust sheild holding bolt hole, I run without the sheild in place.

So basically as it woudl run normally just with braided all the way.

ifcho

base-1

P clips can be a right arse - if you ever want/need to replace/move the pipes then it's a nightmare. Cable tie saddles and cable ties make it a painless and quick process :)

Sign in to follow this