• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_R

306 1.8 Xs Gear Ratios

James_R

I've got my hands on a Be4 from a 1.8 XS 306 T pate recently, the casing looks to be better designed in that it has cooling fins on the lower casing, but I can't find the gear ratios for this car, are they like an Mi box or totally different?

Just wondering if it's worth just putting my 1.9 cluster in the casing or making some hybrid gearing up.

(using a 4.4CWP in it)

welshpug

If you had a VIN number you can find out on Servicebox the data to work out the gear ratios used for that gearbox, other than that I'm unsure if anyone would have them.

Sandy

306's were all BE3 AFAIK?

Anyhow, the 1.8 16v's came with 4.42, but also 3.79, 3.95 or 4.53 apparently.

ifcho

Here's a table from servicebox, showing the gearratios on the 306s

post-8158-1210705863_thumb.jpg

Edited by ifcho

welshpug

excellent!! which section did you find that in?

ifcho

well it's from the repair manual's section.

I found a torrent, containing the full version of the peugeot servicebox software...but I don't know if it is allowed to post a link here, so I haven't anounced this...

James_R

I'll take some pics of it tonight it defo says Be4 on it, also the late GTi6's have BE4 6 boxes.

welshpug

yep, I have a BE4 stamp on the main casing of a GTi6 box I have, stamped XU30 BE3 on the bell-housing however.

Sign in to follow this