• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
engine killer

Can One Map Suit Different Length Of Trumpet Well?

engine killer

Dear all,

I had my car dyno tested and mapped with a set of very short trumpet (due to a/c system so no room for longer trumpet). If I now lower the radiator and a/c radiator to give room for a set of longer trumpet (I assume it will be better for mid range torque), will the current map still make at least the same power as before?

My current setting is a Mi16 with Jenvey 45mm tb but the trumpets are just about 60mm long.

Sending the car to map and dyno test will be extremely expensive thats why I am thinking of just to lower those radiators.

Thanks for any advice and comment.

309PUG
Dear all,

I had my car dyno tested and mapped with a set of very short trumpet (due to a/c system so no room for longer trumpet). If I now lower the radiator and a/c radiator to give room for a set of longer trumpet (I assume it will be better for mid range torque), will the current map still make at least the same power as before?

My current setting is a Mi16 with Jenvey 45mm tb but the trumpets are just about 60mm long.

Sending the car to map and dyno test will be extremely expensive thats why I am thinking of just to lower those radiators.

Thanks for any advice and comment.

Hi,

I am no expert but I think it will not perform as well as with the short trumpets, to get the best out you need a re map.

Chris

Sandy

Yes, you will need the map at least checked, if not re-mapped with a trumpet change. I've seen up to 20% fueling changes with trumpet swaps. The ignition can often need a little trimming too.

Sign in to follow this