• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

405 Seats Into 205

steve@cornwall

There are 2 strengthening pieces fitted to the inside of the door hinge before fitting the nuts on - these are perfect size and distance between holes to fit between subframe and seat!!!-Also Very sturdy

Ethos
There are 2 strengthening pieces fitted to the inside of the door hinge before fitting the nuts on - these are perfect size and distance between holes to fit between subframe and seat!!!-Also Very sturdy

Are these the leather set? :wacko:

steve@cornwall
Are these the leather set? :D

Oh yes!!

welshpug

hope you have aircon like the donor, oooh toastyyyy if not :D

steve@cornwall
hope you have aircon like the donor, oooh toastyyyy if not :D

Won't be using that one on hot days . CTi has all the "air-con" I need B)

Hardgraf

Quality

steve@cornwall

DSC00051.jpg

seat tilt works nicely (better than my last effort :) ) but having a very tight squeeze with the handbrake cover

Edited by steve@cornwall

KRISKARRERA

Bloody comfy are 405 seats, I regularly fall asleep at the wheel!

Phil H
DSC00051.jpg

seat tilt works nicely (better than my last effort :) ) but having a very tight squeeze with the handbrake cover

Looks very good.

Can't you put the door hinge brackets the outer side of the seat subframes and make the seats sit closer to the doors than the handbrake?

steve@cornwall
Looks very good.

Can't you put the door hinge brackets the outer side of the seat subframes and make the seats sit closer to the doors than the handbrake?

The seats were central in the red car, and the seat tilt lever broke the door bins. As I plan leccy windows in this one, too, I need the door bins! Good shout, though.

tonycj

Are those 405 leather seats heated?

If so are you planning to wire them up? and how would you go about it?

i know where there is a 406 with leather in a scrap yard, would they fit?

Many Thanks,

Tony.

Ryan
The seats were central in the red car, and the seat tilt lever broke the door bins. As I plan leccy windows in this one, too, I need the door bins! Good shout, though.

You can bend the levers enough to clear the door bins. I put the brackets on the outside of the subframes and everything fits fine.

Are those 405 leather seats heated?

If so are you planning to wire them up? and how would you go about it?

I think you can just hook up 12V via a switch to the wires coming out of the seat. There's a thermostat switch in the seat cushion that will stop it from overheating and burning out.

steve@cornwall
You can bend the levers enough to clear the door bins. I put the brackets on the outside of the subframes and everything fits fine.

I think you can just hook up 12V via a switch to the wires coming out of the seat. There's a thermostat switch in the seat cushion that will stop it from overheating and burning out.

They are the heated seats and elements are still there, but don't know if I'll plug 'em in. In hindsight I think I've fitted them arse about face, should swap them over and have the recline and lumbar knobs inboard. Then I could hane room for the h/brake cover and still keep the door bins

tonycj

Hi, i have just bought some 405 seats, did you use the 405 subframe, or did you use the 205 subframes?

Obviously i know i need to use spacers, but im not sure which subframes?

Many Thanks,

Tony.

Ryan

The easiest way is to use the 205 subframes.

The way I did it was to bolt the inner edge of the seats (the edge nearest the handbrake) directly to the 205 subframe. Then make a couple of little spacers for the outside edges.

tonycj

Thanks for the advice.

Would you fit the seats the wrong way round (by that i mean passenger in the drivers position etc)?

it says in this thread that you can then keep the door pockets?

Many Thanks,

Tony.

steve@cornwall
Hi, i have just bought some 405 seats, did you use the 405 subframe, or did you use the 205 subframes?

Obviously i know i need to use spacers, but im not sure which subframes?

Many Thanks,

Tony.

Hi, tony

It's the 205 subframes :blink:

tonycj

Many thanks Steve,

will be at the breakers tomorow nicking er sorry buying the door mounting plates!!!!

Next i have to think of how to wire in the heated seat elements?

Many Thanks,

Tony.

Ryan
Thanks for the advice.

Would you fit the seats the wrong way round (by that i mean passenger in the drivers position etc)?

it says in this thread that you can then keep the door pockets?

Many Thanks,

Tony.

I fitted them the normal way round and didn't have any trouble with the door pockets. It might depend on the seats - maybe some are a bit more padded than others?

steve@cornwall
I fitted them the normal way round and didn't have any trouble with the door pockets. It might depend on the seats - maybe some are a bit more padded than others?

For clarity, I think mine are the wrong way round! probably better to fit them the other way (the way I didn't :ph34r: )

boldy205

Steve, i like the lazer green addition!! With those yellow driving lamps!! :D

Sign in to follow this