• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spudmurphy

Banging From Rear Of A 205 Td

spudmurphy

Hi,

I'm suffering a noise form the rear of a 205TD that is best described as a "dunk" and I'm unable to locate the source of the noise. It sounds quite a bit like something binding then releasing, like if the rear drums sieze a bit and then bang as you drive off and free them but the noise I'm getting happens when mobile and there doesnt seem to be any brake issues.

There doesnt seem to be any particular pattern to the noise, it'll dunk when setting off sometimes, but not every time, it'll dunk on straight bits of smooth road and in corners but nothing has yet fallen off or broken in two.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what it might be please ?

Ta,

Spud

M@tt

get the back of the car jacked up and on axle stads then give the rear wheel/trailing arm a good pull up/down look for movement in the bushes on the suspension shocks. I had the same "dunk" sound and it was from knackered suspension bushes.

Also check your exhaust mounts as if any of them are broken or losoe you might fint the exhaust is hitting on the valance and this could be causign a similar sound. There's not too many moving bits back there so should be able to sort fairly easily :mellow:

HTH

Jrod

Shock bolts loose?

Sign in to follow this