• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

1.8 Dturbo Issues....

inferno

Firstly the rev counter appears to pack up after a long run when at a standstill at a junction, a short blip on the throttle reactivates it.Any ideas?

Is there an easy option( me being lazy havent looked yet) to fit an oil pressure gauge sender and temp sender to utilise the gti dash clocks?

Next the clutch doesnt feel right, pedals a good hight, starts to bite quite low but will slip if i throttle it, but bites hard near the top of travel with no slip at all. Ive never felt a clutch like this, whats up with it!?

Next, has anyone fitted a bosch pump to this engine from a 1.9td xantia or anything in order to run veggy oil? or had an LPG conversion? interested to see how i can overcome £1.22p a litre DERV!!!

Now, whos managed to fit an intercooler to this engine, im toying with swapping turbo/manifolds and adding a cooler from a 405 or something.

Lastly, does anyone want to swap my lowered front springs/struts for a normal hight gti/td setup?!

Cheers, tom.

pug_ham
Firstly the rev counter appears to pack up after a long run when at a standstill at a junction, a short blip on the throttle reactivates it.Any ideas?

Easy(or should be), you just need a new flywheel sensor from Peugeot. Cost about £15 IIRC but fun to fit without taking the gearbox off to set the correct flywhelel to sensor clearance.

Rest of your questions I'm not certain of an answer although I have been thinking of fitting a Bosch injection pump & intercooler, inlet etc to mine recently but keeping the standard turbo just need to find a decent mileage pump for a good price.

Clutch might just need replacing, possible oil contamination?

Peugeot fitted an intercooler to the XUD7T engine as standard & it was found in the 405 TD with a Bosch pump from 1988 to 1994 but alongside the 1.9td during 92-94.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this