• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest yatesy

1360 Modifications

Guest yatesy

Hi there, I'm looking to get a little more power out my xs without increasing capacity. Already have an exhaust and a filter and so was toying with the idea of putting a 284 duration cam in, along with doing a small amount of head work (a skim and a polish). Is the standard solex carb large enough bore not to restrict the power that I could produce with these modifications? Would like to stick with the solex if possible.

Just had another thought- would a 16v vts head fit onto the 1360 block?

Many Thanks

Tom

Sandy

A subject of much discussion in the TU section! Do a search and generate some extended reading!

The essential part of TU cam choice is moderation, you don't need alot of duration for good results.

The 16v head is a fairly serious job to fit to the alloy TU block, certainly a major engine build. The 8v TU is one of the best 8v engines and can produce 16v challenging results if done right.

macaroni

Headwork, done right.

4-2-1 exhaust manifold.

Hotter, but not too hot cam.

Weber 32/36DGV or, if you're a masochist, 38DGAS carb.

Better still twin 40s.

All this info is in the TU section, discussed many times, at great length.

Foltan

and make sure you search all the forums from 2006, 2007 and the technical archive. i always forget that!! ^_^

Sign in to follow this