• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

Turbo Technics Pistons

whizzer71

Phoned Turbo Technics today with regards to getting pistons machined they want between £180 - £200 to do the job but wouldn't tell me the required amount of material to be removed (I wonder why ?),Guy I spoke to was very helpfull and enthusiastic though.

Anyone on here got any TT pistons new or used that they could either measure or lend me so I can get mine done accordingly ?,I have mailed the "The Professor" as I have seen some pics of his engine with the head off and it looks like they only machine the outer part of the crown,the dish looks like its untouched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Tris

:wacko:

Edited by whizzer71

danpug

You don't fancy making it easy for yourself and buying mine?!!!!! :wacko: Sorry that dosen't answer your question!

Edited by danpug

Tom Fenton

I'm leaving the pistons alone and modifying the head on my project 1600 turbo, plenty of meat in the head to drop the compression whilst leaving the pistons as strong and stable as possible.

whizzer71
You don't fancy making it easy for yourself and buying mine?!!!!! :lol: Sorry that dosen't answer your question!

Yours are 1600 ones aren't they,which are different to the 1900 ones,Plus my engine has only done 54 K and has had regular oil changes every 6K so it'd be nice to use those as they should have barely any wear on them (In theory :wacko: )

:)

Edited by whizzer71

danpug

Are 1.6 and 1.9 pistons different? I thought it was just the rods but i'm probably wrong!

James_R

1.9's have a bigger dish in them, as the chamber size is the same.

If you fit 1.6 pistons on/in to a 1.9 you get a nice CR bump. and the reverse is true of 1.9 pistons in/on a 1.6

SRi 8v pistons are totally flat top items and would be a nice upgrade on a 1600 to knock up the CR, although pointless in this thread.

If you know the CR that TT's run it's not to hard to work backwards to how much material you need to remove off the std 1.9 pistons.

danpug

That answers that then! Any ideas what compression the 1.6 tt pistons would give in a 1.9 then? Some say the TT compression is a touch too low so i wonder if the 1.6 tt pistons would give a better compromise. Sorry for hijacking your thread Tris! ;)

whizzer71
That answers that then! Any ideas what compression the 1.6 tt pistons would give in a 1.9 then? Some say the TT compression is a touch too low so i wonder if the 1.6 tt pistons would give a better compromise. Sorry for hijacking your thread Tris! ;)

Hey no bother,Ive PM'D The Mad Professor again asking him for the CR's so once I have this info I'll Post it and hopefully James R will be able to tell me how much I need to get machined off.

:)

Edited by whizzer71

danpug
;)

huckleberry

I've been reading up a while on the cr needed for turbo-ing but if you run a management like DTA of Emerald than the standard cr of the 122 bhp 1.9 engine would already be low enough unless you are going to be running a lot of boost. Besides that, a forummember once mailed me that Turbo Technics took way much off the piston and ended up with a cr that was too low (and lower than what they claim in the specs).

Mad Professor

Standard 1.9 GTi Compression Ratio: 9.6:1.

1.9 Turbo Technics Compression Ratio: 8.6:1.

My Turbo Technics Compression Ratio: 8.25:1.

I have one of my 1.9 TT Piston, and a standard 1.9 GTi Piston sat on my desk atm, and am also armed with my set of Micrometers. :D

Edited by Mad Professor

whizzer71
Standard 1.9 GTi Compression Ratio: 9.6:1.

1.9 Turbo Technics Compression Ratio: 8.6:1.

My Turbo Technics Compression Ratio: 8.25:1.

I have one of my 1.9 TT Piston, and a standard 1.9 GTi Piston sat on my desk atm, and am also armed with my set of Micrometers. :D

Fantastic yabba dabba !

:D

danpug

Any chance of answering my question on the first page mad prof?

whizzer71
Any chance of answering my question on the first page mad prof?

They are different DanPug,I checked last time when I was thinking of buying them from you,Try doing a search I started a thread on the subject,as mentioned earlier in this Topic the 1.6 pistons do not have so much of a dish in the 1st place and the gudgeon pin centres are different also.

This is the thread in Q'

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=turbo+technics

:D

Mad Professor

danpug: What question are you refering to?

Peugeot%20205%201.9%20GTi%20Piston%20(D6%42%29.jpgPeugeot%20205%201.9%20Turbo%20Technics%20Piston.jpg

Heres a quick aprox, I will update the above pictures over the weekend.

Edited by Mad Professor

Tom Fenton

I think what would also be interesting would be to know the chamber size of the dish in the piston in cc.

DamirGTI

Std. pistons :

1.6 - 9cc dish

1.9 - 15cc dish

TT pistons - ?? id like to know also :)

Rgs ! :)

Damir

danpug

My question was what compression would 1.6 TT pistons in a 1.9 bottom end give? If the 1.9 TT compression is a bit too low and 1.6 pistons are known to give higher compression i was thinking perhaps 1.6 tt pistons in the 1.9 would give a happy medium.

TT205

I also have a set of 1.9 TT pistons, but I think the technical data madprofessor is about to give will be far superior to my amateur measurements :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this