• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Front Number Plate Position

Garry

I have bought a stick on one from Craigs plates too. Service was very good, I am fitting it this weekend. You will see pics on my build thread when it is done.

Tom Fenton

As long as the stick on plate is reflective and has the BS marking it should be legal. I've got one on my track car and it has passed an MOT two years now without issue.

DSC00233.jpg

Garry

Having read some of the text on the Craig plates site, the law is a little contradictory.

I think the plate has to be as vertical as possible, as well as the items you have listed Tom.

I have got one to allow maximum airflow into the intercooler.

tom_m
But Tom your car is never on the road ;)

:)

As long as the stick on plate is reflective and has the BS marking it should be legal. I've got one on my track car and it has passed an MOT two years now without issue.

ahh but what goes through an MOT and what will get you in trouble with the plod are two different things.

Anulfo

Kind of agree with you Tom,my take on it is that the number plate needs to be vertical or you could be done by the plod and with regards the small number plates do the letters on the number plate not have to be of a specific size??

tom_m
Kind of agree with you Tom,my take on it is that the number plate needs to be vertical or you could be done by the plod and with regards the small number plates do the letters on the number plate not have to be of a specific size??

yeah the plod won't like that stick on plates aren't vertical (eg viewable by a camera ;))

and no my plate is 100% illegal, both the MOT tester and the plod will complain about it :(, everything about it is too small :)

gti_al
the smaller the better imo :)

not been tugged for it yet... :rolleyes:

Yep... mine is legal though. I don't like plates up on the bumper at all - especially the massive uk ones

P1010148.jpg

WhartonMotorsport

Arn't those stick-on reg plates going to be outlawed from next year?

dan

Sign in to follow this