• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Mi16 Air Filter Behind The Headlight....

Stu

It seems ive finally managed to get hold of the small straight hose needed to drop the AFM along the slam panel, so now im wondering what filter to use. Ive got a K&N on it at the mo, but its in dire need of replacing really so i might aswell get something a little better.

Any recomendations? I remember seeing Jonmurgie's setup a bit back but cant find any other info, im toying with the idea of moving the washer bottle anyhow to free up some room so id be interested to see what you lot use!

Rom

Ive been running a Pipercross cone on mine. But im gonna replace it as its a bit big, and its got soem damage due to being shoe horned behind the lights :ph34r:

Current one is about 160mm dia at base and 7" including the neck. Ive always used Pipercross myself, so ill probably try and find a smaller filter to fit. Though i could be swayed to a cotton K&N style one.

Gtiracer

Ill load up a pic of my old assembly in a few hours for you stu, i had a green filter on mine

Stu

That'd be great mate, nice one!

Gtiracer

Picture014.jpg

thats what was done with mine, was a bit tight but doable

Stu

Yeah thats more or less what i had in mind, dont suppose you've still got the filter have you? :ph34r:

Gtiracer

Sorry, gave that to a mate last week but looking through old invoices when it was bought it cost £28.79 plus adaptor at £8.10 so £36.89 but you will have the adaptor come with that hose

Stu

Ok mate no worries, now i know what im looking for im sure i can source one!

Gtiracer

if any use the part number for the filter i had was K3.70 from Auto Inparts and was a universal Green Cone

Rom

With regards to brands...has anyone come across any noticable differances ?

Over the years ive seen reviews etc on filters for certain cars, with some often doing a bit better / worse.

Any views ?

mrswampy

Get on the grandprix race wear website

they do bmc cotton filters and list all the relevant sizes

Sign in to follow this