• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petesy71

Gaz Adjustable Suspension Kit

petesy71

hi, i've been meaning to refresh my suspension, so was wondering if anyone had experience of the gaz adjustables mentioned in the group buy before the deadline runs out. at the moment i've koni yellows on the front and standard items on the back. i find the koni's very harsh for road use and was considering bilsteins all round but the gaz kit could save me a few quid if they're any good. any opinions appreciated, cheers, pete.

MerlinGTI

I think only 1 guy has recived his yet from the group buy and he hasnt fitted them yet. Mine are on order (theres a 2 week lead time although the other chap got his early)

petesy71

thanks merlin, i cant find much info on them.

Rippthrough

Got them on my 306, they're fairly comfy tbh, being twin tube dampers they don't fidget so much over expansion joints and the like, ideal for fast road on a budget imo.

petesy71

sound good, thanks rippthrough.

Rippthrough

Not as controlled as bilsteins over sweeping roads though I must point out, but up here there aren't many smooth roads!

petesy71

not many roads over here that havent been dug up and poorly patched, thanks for the info, might just give them a try.

Edited by petesy71

huckleberry

I enjoy the yellow Koni's a lot. On the softest setting they aren't very hard in my opinion but it'll also differ from how low your car is. I ultimately would like coilovers at the front but that's just to be able to set how high or low the car is with a different engine in it. Don't know about the DAZ ones. In Holland I know nobody driving them.

jackherer
Don't know about the DAZ ones. In Holland I know nobody driving them.

They pass the doorstep challenge.

petesy71

thanks for the input huckleberry. my cars not lowered and the koni's are on the softest setting, i still find them a bit crashy.

They pass the doorstep challenge.
lol!

GLPoomobile

I've got Koni yellows all around, and I don't really like them as they are (I haven't actually tried adjusting them yet though). Coming from the setup on my previous 205 - standard shocks with Eibach 7001 springs - I find the Koni are a bit too 'floaty' by comparison (I'm guessing too soft).

I did consider the Gaz group buy, but to be honest, if I'm going to the expense and trouble of replacing them then I'd rather go for Bilstein. I can't remember the prices quoted for the Gaz group buy, but I had a quote from Miles for some Bilstein B8 shocks front and rear (I gather they are the equivalent of Sprintlines but minus the packaged 25mm springs) and a pair of Eibach 7001 springs and the quote was very impressive to say the least :) Still more than the Gaz kit, but not enough to put me off, and I trust this set up to work well given the Sprintline/Eibach combo has been recommended on here for years, for road use.

So that's the route I'll be going down later this year.

kyepan

if you get the height and stiffness adjustable, about 5 clicks off softest feels very mild, Wind them up past 10-15 and its very firm. Although make sure you ask for 8 inch springs circa 200lbs, as the standard 6 inch 250lbs ones are toooo stiff and don't have enough travel over uneven surfaces.

sonofsam
I've got Koni yellows all around, and I don't really like them as they are (I haven't actually tried adjusting them yet though). Coming from the setup on my previous 205 - standard shocks with Eibach 7001 springs - I find the Koni are a bit too 'floaty' by comparison (I'm guessing too soft).

Koni's have three settings - Hard, f***ing hard and double f***ing hard :)

petesy71

thanks for the input guys. GLPoo, you've cast doubt into my mind now. i was sure i wanted to buy these, but i'm wondering now if i should save for the billies. kyepan, thanks for the info, i wasnt going for the height adjustables, just the standard ones.

Koni's have three settings - Hard, f***ing hard and double f***ing hard biggrin.gif

sonofsam, youre dead right mate, cheers, pete.

Rippthrough

The standard ones on the Apex springs are nicely comfortable, try 8 clicks from soft up front and 14 from soft on the rear as a start.

petesy71

thanks again rippthrough.

Rippthrough
thanks again rippthrough.

No problem.

-Phillip

jtek

I use Gaz non-height adjustables on mine, 40mm lowered all round, quite firm but not crashy, had them on for around 4k now and they all seem fine. The adjustment seems quite effective, and the car has been on track twice with them and i really have no plans to change them anytime soon.

petesy71

thanks jtek.

Sign in to follow this