• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bill

205mi16 Rolling Road Results

bill

Had the car in at skip brown for a cambelt and a session on the rollers, well impressed with the results, it came out with 188bhp :( ........................................................

ATW :D

pee vee

Blimey, thats got some poke then!! nice one mate :D

Baz

lol, what's the spec?

bill

Well to my knowledge its an mi16 alloy block, twin 45 dollorto carbs ( is that how you spell it? ), longman head, cams and vernier pulleys, only just bought the car, well impressed with those figures, anyone know what it would be pushing out at the flywheel?

welshpug

shouldn't you ask SBC that?!

sounds like a nice healthy engine either way, as long as it runs right for all the goodies it has then top dollar :D

Edited by welshpug

bill

he didn't really seem interested in the flywheel figure, he just said over 200, i got no print out or anything, is this normal procedure for them? or did i just shoot off to early? if this is the case i'll bell them and get them to post it on

welshpug

well if you simply asked them to set it up they wouldn't have done a power run to record it unless requested.

bill

oh right, well i'm more than happy with 188bhp atw, and the way it goes, i'll just have to remember for next time to ask for a graph, would be nice to know the flywheel power, so i could have a rough guess at the bhp per tonne :blink:

Daz_C
anyone know what it would be pushing out at the flywheel?

Around about 188Bhp.

There rollers are out quite abit and over the years with different peoples experiences (including mine) on the forum this has come to light. And through some forum members calculations its become apparant that the ATW figures would be more accuratly used as AFW figures.

Don't take it as I'm slagging them cus I am most certainly not. I have spent umpteen thousands of £'s with them over the last 13years and run 2 cars with their engines in and always have Paul set up my carbs on their Rollers because basicly they do a top notch job and the car always comes out feeling transformed and drives superbly !

Don't worry about the figures you've still got one quick little 205 there :)

The rolling road machine is fairly old so it doesn't do graphs but if you'd asked Paul he would have run through the rev range and plotted a Map for you :blink:

@Flywheel figure I think you add around 15% to ATW figure ?

I bet it drives nice doesn't it ?

Sign in to follow this