• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

1.9 8x Magnex Tinny

djinuk

I have put a magnex exhaust on my 205 1.9 8v, its super super tinny, i have a blow however where it joins the centrebox which is being welded up later in the week, could this be the problem ?

hengti

hopefully, although stainless exhausts do tend to sound tinnier (is that even a word?!) than mild steel ones

Coonper
hopefully, although stainless exhausts do tend to sound tinnier (is that even a word?!) than mild steel ones

Agreed. Its because S/S ones can be thinner, whereas mild ones are thick to make them last longer.

sonofsam

stainless steel has a different resonance compared to mild steel :)

Peetypug

i had a full system on mine and it was very very tinny. So i dont think you need to worry.

Miles

They blow the baffles/packing out of the boxes, tap the centre one and I bet it sounds hollow, You can get them re-done thou

Bakes100

How easy is it to get the baffles done miles? and where abouts?

mines sounds terribly raspy and I tapped the centre box with a little hammer and it sounded hollow! lol

Edited by Bakes100

djinuk

ah damn, well ill get my blowing joint sorted then ill see how it goes, ;)

Miles

Any decent exhaust manufacture should be able to do this, I know around here I have 3 to choose from

Sign in to follow this