• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pip470

306 Gti 6 Hubs Information

pip470

Ive just spent the last hour searching for some answersand didnt find any so if any one can shed any light?

How much does one wiegh with wheel bearing?

I will wiegh a standard 1.9 hub and wheel bearing tommorow.

Will a 1.9 drive shaft fit in the 306 hub?

Will the standard 1.9 shock absorber fit in the 306 hub and also the bottom ball joint? Cheers Phill

smighall

Can't say on the weight as i fitted before weighing them.

However:

Will a 1.9 drive shaft fit in the 306 hub? Yes

Will the standard 1.9 shock absorber fit in the 306 hub? Yes

and also the bottom ball joint? As long as you get GTI6 hubs for 16mm hubs. There are also 18mm hubs which are too big.

pip470

great stuff thank you, so just needing the wieght now and also what effect it will have on the car say with negative camber?

James_R

Sandy's posted about the slight difference in camber on 306/ZX/205 hubs, can't remeber which way it is though.

As for the weight having felt them side to side, the hollow cast ones do feel slightly lighter, but not a huge amount.

Sandy

The remove about 0.5 degree negative, so with 205 arms you'll have about 0.5 degree positive camber, with 309 arms (on 205) about 0.25-0.5 degree negative.

pip470

So can any one tell me what the smallest caliper and lightest i can use with the 306 hub and a 1.9 disc? Thanks Phill

Sandy

1.6GTi calipers funnily enough.

Jrod

You could just use base model discs and calipers though which are even lighter and just as good as the 1.6 items as they are identical calipers bar the fact they are narrower for solid discs.

They won't be as good for track use though as they are solid discs so won't dissipate heat as well but I don't think this is what you want them for?

pip470

Am a little confused, Why cant you use 306 calipers on 1.6 hubs then? Or can you? I also thought 1.6 hubs were the same as base model hubs so if i can use 1.6 calipers does that mean i can use calipers of a 1ltr.

pip470

Ha ha answered now, brill, im using a set of 1.9 solid rear disks that i had in the shed, for the front. Im only going to be breaking for a very short space of time so i dont think its going to generate that much heat at the end of the dragstrip. Thanks for the replys.

Jrod

You will want base model calipers then, not 1.6

Peetypug

i've got some gti6 hubs and some 1.9 gti hubs in the garage

i'll weight them tomorrow for you

pip470

Thanks very much

cybernck

i think the weight info is already available in weights thread.

or it has been posted up a few times recently in different threads.

Sign in to follow this