• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Which Are The Best Gear Linkage Rods?

macaroni

I'm about to invest in a complete set of gear rods for my gti, question is, whose are the best?

I've found a set from Miles, Xsport, Constella, abmotorsport and Peugeot themselves, all for about £50.

I'm not after rose-jointed ones, just a decent set that will tighten up the gearchange.

I've already nipped the 13mm bolt under the subframe which helped loads. I'll be getting a set of top hat bushes for my shorten L-bracket.

Just the rods to go!!

Any impartial advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Antony

Miles

LOL, I'll be impartial as I can with mine

1. Zinc trivalent chromium passivate finish, With stands the industry std for plating of salt abuse (Others are normally painted)

2. Double clipped so they are easy to fit as the first clip locates the ball joint and the second clip secures the ball joint, I know some others don’t have the first clip only leaving you holding the rod while trying to fit the main clip.

3. All one piece steel, So stronger than Alloy or any welded ones

4. Fully adustable on both ends

5. All UK made and sourced.

Loads of Forum members have them and to date I've sold over 80 sets with no issues ever, so get better than that

Super Josh
I'll be getting a set of top hat bushes for my shorten L-bracket.

Worth getting 2 sets of bushes, as the gear lever also has a set in its pivot point. :wub:

Josh

macaroni

Thanks for your impartial and objective sales pitch! Yours were my no1 choice as most people on here mention them, I just wanted some opinions on others too.

Josh, is that accessible from inside the car or underneath?

macaroni

Anyway, after tightening the very loose 13mm nut under the subframe, I'm not sure I need these anymore as the gearchange is now lovely!

I can see play in the ball joints, however, so there must be more improvement to come.

James_R

Used Miles rod linkages on my daily 205 and 306 (RJ'd linkage on the track 205), several friends have put them on aswell no issues, and no more dreaded rod falling off mid lap and having no gears :s

mogsman

Get a set from Miles. You won't be dissapointed.

Sign in to follow this