• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

1.6 Gti With 309 Gti Rear Beam......

matt-k

Hi, ive just fitted a 309 gti rear beam and need a new hand brake cable. Which one do i order from GSF, 309gti or 205 1.9 gti, the part numbers are different in the catalogue?

Thanks, Matt.

boombang

On a 205 you need the 205 cable, 309 cables are far too long.

matt-k

Thanks for that! :lol:

jord294

sorry to hi jack this thread.

but apart from keeping the 205 gti handbrake cables, for 309 beam conversion. is there anything else i might need?

i did see something about rear caliper flexi pipes. is that right?

cheers

Ryan

The 309 brake pipes for the rear calipers are the same as the 1.9 205, so it's a straight swap.

If you're fitting a 309 beam to a 1.6 then the pipework is a little different. The 1.6 has hard pipes going into the drums. The 1.9 and 309 have flexi hoses to allow for caliper movement.

jord294

i do have a 1.9 axle on already,but have been offered a 309 beam fully refurbished and painted, for a really, really good price.

i'd done a search, but wasn't sure if it was a straight swap or not.

have also read about possibly trimming the rear arches to suit the wider axle? is that right?

Ryan

You might have to trim the inner lip off the plastic trim on the arches, especially if the car is lowered at the rear.

Sign in to follow this