• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benny205mi16

Mi16 Oil Pressure Upgrade Kit

benny205mi16

Hello,

I am rebuilding a mi16 and saw this on ebay,

Item Number 190213591015 , (Sorry I don't know how to do a link).

My question is are these any good/worth the money, or just another ebay gimic?

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Baz

It's all just std Xu10 stuff tbh, just pop down to your local dealers and see how much they'd want, i reckon it'd be less than that...

benny205mi16

Thanks for doing the link thing.

Ill pop down to my local pug garage, and get a price from them.

Would it be a worth while upgrade to do?

Baz

Yes, the spring is better, and i believe the sprocket/chain is a worthwhile mod too, especially when used with a PeterT extended pick-up.

See here for more info;

http://www.taylor-eng.com/sump/wetsump.htm

benny205mi16

Thank you Baz,

Ill have a read through that.

and pop in at the pug garage.

Thanks for your help.

Miles

I'd say no'ish', It's only covering up a problem not solving it, But as said it's only std parts bumped up in price as I also see they have moved onto Green Injectors from the Black ones which again do nothing on a std engine

Baz

Green's are just 6 ones aren't they?

RonnieG

Would tend to agree with Miles - The spring will increase pressure at idle & the sprocket/chain will increase flow but how much it's really required I'm not sure.......

I'm going to fit the spring out of curiosity really when fitting my baffled sump and it costs less than £1.50 from any Peugeot Dealer.

It's part number is 1157 11 by the way......

petert

Also remember that pressure costs hp. The energy has to come from somewhere. I'd rather have increased flow than pressure. You only need 10psi per 1000rpm.

welshpug

If you feel the need to get the aforementioned bits the part numbers have been added to Peugeot Parts Prices

Baz

Or;

Oil Pump Spring - 1157 11 - £1.56

52 Link Chain - 1033 10 - £21.12

Sprocket - 0513 54 - £4.32

philfingers

you can't drink beer from an empty glass. basically if there's nothing there to pump it doens't how much pressure and at what flow rate you were thinking of. . . .. . . . . .. Need to go with GTi6/XU10 sump, spacer with windage plate, extended pickup, few baffles to stop having the empty glass in the first place

benny205mi16

I see what you are saying,

Its about making sure there is oil there in the first place for it to pump,

rather than raising the pressure its pumped at.

Ill look into the 306gti6 sump, spacer and an extended pickup.

Thanks for all the help.

philfingers

Nigel B on here has the whole setup, Gti6 sump, windage tray on modified PeterT sump spacer, 26t wheel and chain (genuine), extended oil pump pickup with 2 bar spring. This stuff isn't cheap to source yourself (due to postage from Australia). He's after £150 for the lot complete, which is good because it's a fully sorted setup. It's also cheap insurance againsta a rebuild! I was going to buy it off him but have managed to source all the bits now myself. He's got a listing in the forsale section, although he's not listed the sump setup yet. Tell him I sent you!

Phil

4x4 Mi16 in to road rally car with full peterT mods, build in progress!

RonnieG

The other things worth getting too when buying a baffled Gti6/XU10 sump are the Oil Temp Sensor, which are different threads on the Mi16 & Gti6/XU10 sumps and the Sump bolts which are an unusual 7mm thread and different lenghts to suit the different sumps.

I sourced mine as a complete package from the Gti6 forum for £40 delivered......

monty69

Might the spring make the surge problems worse as it will be throwing more oil into the head, meaning less in the sump? I thought that was the main cause of the surge.

Sign in to follow this